Monday, February 17, 2014

Missionary Letter From Peru

Huaraz

Elder Hackleman,

How are you doing today? I never did hear what happened on the day of your transfer. Did you take a bus to your new area? Were you traveling alone? How did you manage all of your stuff etc?

In your new place you are staying, what does it look like? Do you do your own cleaning and cooking? How big is the new ward? What does your companion look like? What is the crime rate like compared to Lima? How many missionaries are in Huarez? Is Lima West mission the only mission that has missionaries in Huarez? Do you have any investigators you are teaching? Is the food any different?

As you can see I am very curious about you. Hope you are getting adapted to the new area. Things are good around here. The boys have a winter break so they were out of school on Friday and again today. Seth is in Fort Collins getting spoiled. He fly's back tonight. He is still in a shoulder brace but the pain has gone down a lot and he is getting around really well now.

Saturday not many kids showed up for the young men's basketball game. They played with 6 kids, which meant that Nathan and Grant got to play almost the entire game. We finally won our second game. Nathan made something like 23 points and Grant was the assist monster. They both had great games. Tim Law is the coach and he does such a great job.

Grant is going to an indoor water park today with Kelsey Hadley and her boys. Nathan and I are going to watch little Hannah. She is such a cutie.

Your blog continues to have a lot of followers. It has something like 7,000 hits on it. Crazy huh? Thank you for the pictures you sent last week, they were a hit:)


Well, I'm hoping you will be able to answer some of my questions today:)

I love you!

Mom

Hey momma! I´m doing great! Let´s see. I took a bus that left Lima at 10 o’clock at night and got to Huaraz something like 7:30 in the morning. Haha I came up with 6 or 7 other missionaries that got transferred here to Huaraz. We do our own cleaning but we still have a pensionista that cooks for us. The crime rate is a lot lower here. Its way more chill. There are 22 missionaries in my zone in Huaraz and no the whole zone just belongs to my mission. 


Cuy

We have some really cool investigators that we are teaching but not many so we have been contacting like crazy. We do have a baptism this Wednesday though! The food is the same. Today we are going to have Cuy for lunch!!!!!!!!!!! Guinea pig! I´m stoked. Haha That´s so awesome. I hope Nathan gains enough confidence to play in school next year! I´ve never even seen Hannah yet! And what´s the deal on Becky´s baby! Haha I will go check my blog out. I haven´t in a few weeks. Love you Mom!

Elder Hackleman



On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 8:51

No comments:

Post a Comment