Thursday, March 12, 2015

Baptism This Week!

We had a baptism this week!

This is my zone.There are quite a few of us huh!


Dear Mom,

I am glad you guys are having fun with Grandma Polly. Send her my love. I am stocking up on some cool stuff to bring home to you guys. I know every single thing that is on that list. I will see what I can do to get him hooked up. We had a baptism this week! We also found a family of like 15. That is the hard part about ending my mission. I am contacting and setting baptismal dates for people that I won't be able to baptize =( 

Tomorrow I have my going home party with president Archibald. We are going to the center of Lima, to a really fancy restaurant, the temple and his house. I am excited for that.  I sure love you!


Elder Hackleman


On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM, To Grant

First off, FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS GRANT!!!


On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 10:43 PM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,

The last email was the shopping list, this one is the weeks events. Grandma Polly arrived here safe and sound. She forgot her suitcase on the plane, but we were able to find it so all is well.

We have been having a good time together.

Nathan's show choir took first place at the competition yesterday. He did awesome! He is quite the performer. Grandma Polly loved it. She could hardly stay in her seat she wanted to get up and dance:)

Nathan is on the right.


Friday we went to the temple. Grandma Polly did a great job even though it does scare her since she struggles so much with her memory.

The Sidney boys basketball team made it to state. They will be coming to Lincoln this week. I think the Siler's might be coming and staying with us. It will be so nice to see them. I haven't seen them since right before you went on your mission.

I'm still sticking it out with my math class although each week is more painful than the last. My class has a facebook group page and this is what I posted on it:

"If I had the choice of ice picks being shoved under my fingernails or doing Algebra, I would pick the ice picks. Ha Ha. 

Did I tell you I broke my pinkey finger. Seriously, what is my deal? I think it might have happened while I was having a nightmare. Tim said he heard me mumbling in my sleep, something about x's and y's were chasing me. Those darn Algebra terms are coming after me in my dreams. What's next, the parenthesis and fractions joining the gang of thugs? It's scary stuff ha ha.

Thank goodness I have four boys who do not have my brilliant math skills. I can't get my homework done at night until my own personal tutor helps me along the way, thank you very much Nathan.

The worst thing is I was working on a sewing project and I realized I could use an Algebraic term to figure out the dimensions of the cut I needed to make, but since I like to cut off my nose to spite my face, I did it the old fashioned way instead. Maybe someday, when my math class is over and I stop having nightmares about it, I will actually use some of what I am learning:)

I thought you would enjoy a meme I created. The picture in the background is one Seth took in Mexico. Just a little milk humor.



I sure love you. Tell me all about your week. Even though you are getting home in two weeks, I still love to hear the stories.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment