Monday, March 16, 2015

Last Week In Peru! It's a Sprint to the Finish



All of us missionaries who will be going home next week after we went through the temple in Lima with President and his wife.



We went to a place called Parque de las Aguas. It is like a giant park with different water fountains and water shooting out of the ground and light shows with water. It was really cool. It's in San Isidro which is where President lives.

This is all of the missionaries that will end with me.  We are at President's house.



Dear Mom,

Mom, I am coming home in a week! AHHH!!!

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 8:46 AM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,

I can't wait to hear all about your day with your mission president. How has your week been

This past week was a crazy one for me. Monday Nathan did something to his ankle and by Tuesday it was really swollen and giving him trouble so I took him in to have an x ray done. It came back most likely broken, but the doctor wanted radiology to take a look at it. He had a floating bone. Basically a little tiny piece of the bone was broken off from the rest of the foot. To make a long story short, they do not cast for it because it is such a small piece so we were told to just treat it like a sprain. 

He used crutches from Monday through Friday, but then on Friday we had the Siler's in town staying at our house. The Sidney boys basketball team made it to state so they came to watch the games. Thursday evening Sidney won so they were playing again on Friday. We couldn't go to the game on Thursday because Tim and I both have school, but I decided to pull the kids out of school and go support the old team on Friday. Nathan didn't want to have to try and maneuver around on crutches and his hands had blisters already, so he asked if we could just wrap it real tight and let him try to walk on it. By Friday evening, after he had been walking on it, the swelling went down immensely. So much so, that he was even able to perform on it Saturday during his show choir competition.

Sidney ended up winning on Friday so they played again on Saturday for the championship game. They lost by 9 in the final game, but overall had a wonderful season. It was crazy because they lost in the first round of the playoffs and only made it to state in a wild card spot, but then ended up taking 2nd place over all. It was sure fun to watch.

Saturday, Nathan went to a competition in Iowa. A little town about 2 hours away. There were 31 teams from 4 states competing at this competition. His team made it into the finals. Only six teams went on to compete in the finals and his was one of them. They took 6th place, so basically last place in the finals, but 6th out of 31 teams. Not bad

Ryan Shields got engaged over the weekend. He is going to school at BYU. The girl he is going to marry is from Cheyenne. She looks real cute and nice.

I sure love you!

Love Mom

Dad....It is so surreal. I am so excited to get home and see you guys. But I will miss my mission something fierce. Ya we had a baptism last week and we have 2 more this Saturday. 

I am going to work this week like I have never worked before. 

I sure love you dad. I will save what I have to say and teach you all for next week.

Your son,

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 8:29 AM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder,

How was your week?? Were you really teaching a super-big family? Didn't you have a baptism lined up for a couple days ago too? How did all that go? Also, did you get to go the Temple and hang out with Pres. Archibald?

I ordained Grant to be a Teacher yesterday and he's scheduled to get his Patriarchal blessing the 2nd week in April. He's so dang excited to be in the teachers Quorum.

Well, my son, you made it! I hope while you are working this week you take a moment to breathe in the smells on the wind, taste the flavors of the food and commit to memory the faces of those you serve. Words cannot describe the joy and love I have for you. I'm not going to write you next Monday because you probably won't have a chance to check email anyway!

Well done, thou faithful servant of our Lord Jesus Christ!

Te amo,

Papá

No comments:

Post a Comment