Monday, July 15, 2013

Letter between Elder Hackleman and his Mom



Elder Hackleman,
How are you doing?  We went to Joel’s law firm on our way to Pocatello.  Our whole family went in and talked with Joel for a while, as we were leaving I told the ladies at the front desk that we were your family.  They giggled and said they had a feeling we were Jaren's family.  It was so fun:)

So, Saturday was a pretty awesome day.  The investigator that we have been teaching at our house got baptized and he had Seth baptize him.  Nathan and Seth had both taken turns sitting in on the lessons with us.  Talk about an awesome day.  It was so cool.  The sister missionary on the very right, "Sister Harrison" is from Saint George.  She went to high school with Austin.   Her first Sunday here was your farewell.  

Also, I guess you heard Grant is in Hawaii having the time of his life.  Surfing up a storm ha ha.

Nathan and Seth are having their second week of football camp.  Tomorrow Seth goes on a two day, overnight football camp.  The entire varsity team is being bussed to some military encampment.  Seth said it will be like Remember the Titans.  Some scouts who have been watching the teams at their football camps and have pre seasoned ranked Seth's offensive line as number one in the state.  Kind of cool.

Nathan was snooping through some of your stuff and found an old pair of Nike shoes you left behind.  They fit him perfectly and he is just about as happy as can be.  You would think it was Christmas around here.  Not much impresses him these days, but that sure made him happy.  I have a feeling we are going to need to get you all new stuff when you get back ha ha.

I read an article in the Deseret News that D Todd Christofferson was in Peru for a big mission conference and organized the 100th stake.  Did you get to go to the celebration?  Did you know that there are only 4 countries in the world that have over 100 stakes?  US, Mexico, Brazil, and now Peru.

Well, I sure love you.  Keep up the good work!
Love Mom

Hey Momma!!!!

So first to address Elder Cristofferson. No I couldn´t go. There were SOO many people that wanted to go that it was literally invitation only. All the leadership positions from every ward in lima were invited and only 40 missionaries from every mission were invited. I don´t know if it was only 40 from the missions in lima or all of peru but anyway my comp and I couldn´t go. I was bumbed. but I heard about it. Apparently When Elder Christofferson spoke, it was as if a local peruvian spoke. His spanish was perfect and it wasn´t like he had to pause to think of how to say something. Everything just flowed beautifully. I was so jealous. I forgot to mention in my last letter about the earthquakes. I´ve totally felt them! I can claim feeling to 2 earthquakes on my mission so far! SWEET! I am so proud of Seth. and jealous. He performed his first baptism before me! That is awesome though. And number one offensive line in the state!!!!! it all hinges on the center. =)  I don´t remember the email of Joel at the firm so can you just tell him and James, David, Trudi, Amery, Lyndsey, and Shannon thank you sooooooo much for the mission donation and that I miss and love them all dearly and can´t wait to come back to visit them all so they better all still be there when I get back! 

I sure do love you mom! Hasta la proxima lunes!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment