Tuesday, June 17, 2014

June 4, 2014 Letters

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Amy wrote:

What a week we have had. Friday we had a surprise birthday party for Nathan. In order to pull it off, I had so many lies going it was crazy. I couldn't wait for the party so I could get out from under all of my lies ha ha. It ended up being even better than I had thought it would. Tim Law brought over his shaved ice truck and served up some yummy treats. It really was a huge hit. We were at the volleyball field up the street from our house.

A few hours before the party we were talking to Nathan about his birthday on Wed and I told him I would bring a birthday cake to scout camp for everyone. He told me I could bring cake, but not to tell anyone it was his birthday, because he didn't want anyone to know it was his birthday. I thought, oh, no, he has no idea what is coming in a few short hours. I thought he might be mad at me. Well, it was so much fun and he admitted it was fun to be surprised. I think he has been flying under the radar lately with not much attention going his way, so it was about time he had his own day to shine.

I will send pictures in a separate email so it doesn't slow up this email. We had a car stop by wanting to buy some shaved ice. It was funny, so we talked Tim into bringing the trailer over on Saturday and park it next to our house. He made almost 300 bucks in about 3 1/2 hours. There was a steady stream of people. All of the sudden a downpour of rain came out of nowhere so Nathan and Tim were packing up to finish for the day and before they could get everything put away, the rain stopped and more people came to buy some shaved ice. It really was a hit. We are trying to talk Tim into parking the trailer at our house every weekend until he finds a permanent spot for it.

So the boys are off at scout camp. I know your dad told you about it so I won't say much, except to say that Tim has worked so hard to get everything ready for the mission blitz/service project being done today. He is doing such a great job.

Nathan is starting basketball camp at the school today. We will drive him back and forth to scout camp. I hope they see is potential :)

So Grandma Polly flies home today. She has been so sweet all month. We will miss her. We have had a great time going to the zoo a bunch :)

Did you get transferred?

I sure love you!
Love

Mom

Color Throwing


Nathan's 15th Birthday Party - Dashed with Color Powder



Shave Ice


Now That is One Happy Birthday Boy


Everyone Loves Shaved Ice

After Dark We Played Dodge Ball with Glow In The Dark Bracelets



6/04/14

Hey mom! Sorry! It has been a crazy few days. So first off, I didn´t write Monday because the entire city of Huaraz´s internet system went out. I couldn´t get permission to write home until today. Secondly, I got transferred. I am happy but a little bummed as well, not going to lie. I miss Huaraz. I was so lucky to be sent there. Haha Now I am working in an area called Pueblo Supe, Barranca. It´s on the beach! Elder Kitchens, my trainer and best friend, just got sent to Huaraz. How is that for luck? He gets sent there the day I leave. Anyway, my new companion´s name is Elder Sandoval. He is from Chile. He is really cool. He is a little quiet and keeps to himself a lot which I must admit, I love about him.

That party you threw for Nathan looks like it was soo fun! I have never been in those color fights. They look awesome though! Well I don´t have much time but next week I will send you some pictures. I love you!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment