Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Letters from Dad 6-16-2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder Hackleman,

How was your week? Did you ever get your camera to work? Well, yesterday was Father's Day and your mom and dad's anniversary! We have been married for 25 years!! I don't know how she puts up with me! To help celebrate, I dumped cold water on her while she was in the shower. She loved it!!! NOT. That's what I call true love! Wow, so you're in a Branch eh? Well, you know what that's like. Have they given you a calling? We had a great week. OUR HOUSE IN SIDNEY CLOSED!!!! Yay!!! It'll be such a huge relief. Thank you for all your prayers and support.

Everyone here is doing great. Nathan started his second, and final, Basketball camp today. He's frustrated because he doesn't know the plays, but he's not giving up. Grant is doing awesome. Seth is working three days at the fields with Tim Law and 3 days at Bed, Bath and Beyond. He's slowly accumulating the stuff that he needs to take on his mission. Your mom and I are setting aside our Peru money so that we have it for our trip! I'm not gonna lie, you're dad is a well travelled man, but this trip is scaring me to death!! But I'm so excited at the same time!!

I have some bad news. World Champion San Antonio Spurs. They beat the Heat 4-1. Two of the four wins were by 20 pts!! The Heat's only win was by 2 pts!

Anyway, tell us what's happening! In a couple months, yours and Seth's names will be side by side in the Ward Bulletin's Full-time Missionary section.

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Oh my word I am so happy that the house closed! That is so fantastic! It is probably the only thing that could quench the pain of the heat losing. I think it is because I wasn’t there that’s all. They will make a comeback when I get home. Haha Don´t worry about the trip. Even at the airport in Lima, you pretty much don´t have to know any Spanish. haha do you think Joel and Ann will be able to come too or probably not? Either way, I have been doing some asking around to try and get an idea of what machu picchu is like for tourists. It is pretty far from lima. You can get there by bus or by plane but everyone says take a plane even though it is more expensive because the roads from lima to cusco are treaturous. and I would imagine they´d be bad with people who actually know how to drive. Haha So you guys should check on that kind of stuff and hotels and what have you to kind of get an idea on prices. I have heard rumors of a tour service called moroni tours that supposedly takes you up to machu picchu on a tour but one run by members of the church. That would be something right there. Also, ask President Reinhart what its the details are on how/when i would be released because he holds the keys for that, not even my president does. And I am not sure how it works if he is able to delegate the authority to my president to release me here or if I just don´t get released until I am home. I am not really sure how that works but yea. I sure love you dad!

Elder Hackleman (The first)

No comments:

Post a Comment