Monday, October 28, 2013

Last weeks letters

Elder Hackleman

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 11:27 PM, Tim Hackleman wrote:

Dear Elder Hackleman,

I know I start emails off the same way every single time, but we get so clankin' excited to hear about your week!!! Okay, I have to admit, even though I was so proud of you and your investigator, I had to laugh a little about you hitting his head on the step when you baptized him!!! Did you have any more scheduled for this week? Your companion looks like he's a great man.

I noticed that you cleaned out your bank account. I hope that was you and not someone else!! Did you find a camera or something? Let me know if you did make the with drawl in case I have to do something with the account. By the way, have you noticed anyone around the neighborhood wearing your Nebraska T-Shirt????

We are all doing well here. Everyone is healthy. How are you doing??? You never told us if the glasses are working for you. We assume that they are since we see you in them all the time. How's your health otherwise??

Nathan has his last game on Tuesday night. Seth's last regular season game is Friday. We play Westside. If we somehow beat them, we will be District champs. We are going to the playoffs anyway, so Seth is super excited about it. I'll try to get some new film of them both posted.

The Lord has blessed me so much! I have the best wife in the world and my four sons are far better men and young men than I can ever hope to be. We struggle a lot as a family, although outsiders would never know it. But I truly know that it is for our own good and that the Lord and Heavenly Father know what's best for us. Even though we rarely understand why. That's when faith comes in. We had a great Sunday School lesson on Faith, and Deacon's Quorum lesson on Patience today and it really helped me to understand how important it is to endure with patience and have faith in our Savior.

I love you son. I love that you have chosen to serve the Lord. Keep working hard and know that your family is always praying for you. Also know that there is no mortal person on the earth that loves you more than your mom, dad and brothers.

Ámele hijo,

Papá


Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 11:18:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Week of 10/20/13
From: jeffrey.hackleman@myldsmail.net

Hey dad!

Yeah I just happened to check my bank account the other day and saw that there was money in it so I took it out. Thank you! It was just right. I got a nice camera, almost identical to mine. You need to go read mom´s email to see what I learned in a meeting with President Archibald as a zone. We had that meeting, and then personal interviews after. He is awesome. He taught us tons of stuff in the zone meeting, one of the things I mentioned in mom´s email but that was just a little tangent that he used to help teach the importance of the topic. He taught us all about the Fall of Adam and Eve. As missionaries, we study that everyday so we couldn´t help but feel a little prideful when he opened up about what he was going to talk about. Well we were humbled very fast. He taught me TONS that I never realized about the fall that made so much sense. He talked about how well planned it was that adam had to partake of the fruit. The scriptures say that when the earth was created, ¨It was good.¨ In other words, the entire earth was perfect before God at the time of Adam, not just the garden of Eden. But still, they were restricted only to the boundaries of the garden. President gave the analogy that it was like a crib for a baby. Even though the entire bedroom of a baby is for the most part, childproof and safe, we still put children in their cribs. Also the scriptures say that the tree of knowledge of good and evil was placed in the middle of the garden, and that we can assume all passageways and walkways pass the tree. So imagine if you were a parent. You put your child in a beautiful, but small area, like a crib. Then, in the center of that crib, you put a big cookie or cake or something. What on earth do you think is going to happen! We know that God is all knowing and has a perfect knowledge of the past, present, and future. So with that, we have two options. Either God is not all knowing (which you don´t even have to be to know what would happen in this situation) or, He may have set the garden and the tree up in that manner on purpose!

How incredibly awesome and simple is that to understand now! Haha I love it. Anyways, I hope you guys have an awesome week. Let me know how the boys do in football! Do you not have Nathan´s touchdown on video! I sure love seeing my boys on youtube!

Love you dad


Hello, Elder Hackleman,

I sure hope it has been a good week for you. We have been having fun since Grandma got here. Grant flew to Colorado on Friday and comes back on Monday. The boys had school off on those days. He is having fun shopping it up:)

Grandma Polly flew in and had a layover in Denver. We had her scheduled to be taken by wheelchair from one flight to the next so she wouldn't get lost. Only problem is, she jumped up and got off the plane before they could get to her. Then she got lost in the airport. Luckily a very nice lady helped her find her way and stayed with her for a couple of hours. We think it might have been an angel. She certainly was an angel to us.

When mom got to Omaha she left two bags on the plane. She couldn't even remember how many bags she had with her. She was so tired, and hungry and discombobulated. She flew in on a plane that docked in the same spot you left from, so as you know, there was only a few steps from the plane to get around the security checkpoint. They didn't wheel her in Omaha either, I guess she got off too fast again, but then she was lost in the Omaha airport. I started calling her over and over because I knew if she came off the plane she had to be close by. Luckily she didn't turn her phone off, probably through the entire flight, and so she heard the call. Anyway to make a long story short, I told her to turn around because I could see her through the glass, and I was waving like crazy and she finally made it out. We were able to ascertain her lost two bags that somehow made it to Omaha. The cleaning crew found them on the plane and brought them to us. When she got to me, she told me, losing your mind is for the birds. Oh I love her so much:)

Since she has been here we have been having fun. We played Monopoly tonight. Seth calls it Mono Polly. The best. It's a better game to play with her than Clue because it is easier to follow along with.

Grandma Polly is staying until the first of December. We will have a fun time together.

Well, I sure love you!

Love Mom

Holy clank. Oh Grandma =) I´m glad you guys found her. So will she be staying with you until you all go to Idaho for the Beck reunion or what? Thank you so much for the money! I bought a camera that is almost identical to my other one, I´m happy because I know how to use it already. Haha We had a good week this week. We have a lot of baptisms coming up. My companion and I have some things planned that could potentially rock this mission into the millennium. =)

We had interviews with President Archibald this week. I love talking with that guy. He is insanely smart and has a knowledge of the scriptures like Bruce R Mckonkie for real. But I like him too because he isn´t a huge ruler. He isn´t always harping on us about silly things. His goal on his mission and for us as his missionaries is 3 things. Baptize, reactivate, and baptize. If we´re doing that, He´s happy. He trusts us that as we do those things, we will do what´s right. He gave an example in our zone conference that we had with him that the mission handbook says very distinctly and strictly, ¨missionaries never swim on their missions.¨ Then he called on one of the sister´s in my zone who is notorious for being a abide by the rules to the letter type. He asked her, ¨now, we understand this rule. Let´s say you are walking by a lake that is in your area and you see a five year old boy out in the water yelling and splashing that he needs help because he doesn´t know how to swim, What do you do?¨ In my head, I´m thinking, I drop my stuff and jump in there without a second thought. The sister literally sat there and thought about it for like 20 seconds and then said, ¨I would try and find someone to go in and save him because it would be breaking a rule.¨ The mission president very kindly explained how stupid of an idea that would be. Haha I couldn´t even believe she had to think about it. He explained to us that the rules we have are serious and shouldn´t be taken lightly, but that they are there not to be followed to the letter because there are in fact situations where mission rules must be broken. We have our rules to be able to always have the Spirit with us. If we have the Spirit with us, we will know when the situation calls for a broken rule. Then he gave the analogy of Nephi when he was asked by the Spirit to kill Laban. Everything he had been taught his whole life said that killing is wrong. But that does not supersede God´s will and the promptings of the Spirit in a certain situation.

Well that’s my fun, spiritual, learning experience for today! I sure love you all!

Elder Hackleman

P.S: For grant=CLANK and JEFFREY JAREN HACKLEMAN, JEFFREY JAREN HACKLEMAN. GRANT MCKAY HACKLEMAN GRANT MCKAY HACKLEMAN GRANT MCKAY HACKLEMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment