Monday, October 28, 2013

This Week

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Tim Hackleman wrote:

Dear Elder Hackleman!

How was your week?? Did you have your baptisms that were scheduled??? You have been there so long that the Ward must truly seem like family now. That's so awesome. How are the newly baptized converts doing? Are they getting support from the Ward? I hope so. So have you seen anyone walking around in your Nebraska T-Shirt that was stolen?

We had a great week. Nathan had his interview last week to receive his Patriarchal Blessing. I just have to remind him to call the Patriarch to schedule his appointment! I'm so excited for him to get it. I think it will really help him to understand his potential and who he really is. Nathan was called as the Second Counselor in the Teachers Quorum Presidency. So now all of your brothers are in leadership positions in the Priesthood. I don't think a father can be any more proud of his four sons than this one is!!! Grant and the rest of the Deacons taught the lesson yesterday. It's amazing how much more attentive they are to each other! hahaha. Our Ward is growing. It seems like there are a couple new families every month.

So I talked to Grandpa Rog on Friday and he and Gma are going to Massachusetts next weekend and he wanted to give the Missionaries his two tickets to the CSU game. It was funny. But he called the Missionaries (they told him they couldn't take them) but somehow the Mission President got involved and he and his wife went over to visit Gma and Gpa! CRAZY!!! They stayed for about a half hour. Apparently there is a Senior Couple serving there that really wanted to go to the game so they got the tickets. Again, CRAZY!!!

It's fun having Grandma Polly here. Seth did awesome in his last game against Westside. We were ahead by 13 points going into the 4th quarter. The Titan's had totally dominated them the whole game. We had two or three costly mistakes and they ended up beating us 42-27! So frustrating!!! Anyway, they are still in the playoffs and play Creighton Prep on Friday. The team all wanted to do mohawks for their first trip to State. So I attached photos of what I did to Seth's hair. He loves it. The great thing is that we can just shave it all off and he'll look completely normal. Also, Grant went out to visit Grandma Karen and Gpa Rog last weekend. Grandma bought Grant a new suit, so I attached a photo of him.

Oh well, better get back to work. I love you son. Be careful and keep working hard!

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 11:08:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Week of 10/27/13
From: jeffrey.hackleman@myldsmail.net

Ah Seth has sick hair! Haha I am still waiting for you to come clean and admit that you do not have Nathans touchdown on video. Either way your in trouble dad. Either you do have it and you are way late sending it to me or you don't and you should be ashamed....Hehe

We had two baptisms this week. xxxx xxxxxx and.........BBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRR(Drum roll) xxxx xxxx!!!! I was so excited when he asked me to baptize him. I can’t even believe how awesome he looked when he came out of the water. I could see a new glow in his eyes that has not dimmed since his baptism. I am so happy. We also got a couple awesome pictures with the primary who loves the missionaries so that was awesome. Overall, an amazing week.

Try to get me some footage of the first Hackleman, Post season football player would ya. Thanks pops. Haha

On a more spiritual note, I am so excited for nathan to get his patriarchal blessing. I still remember everything that happened the day I got my blessing. He is an awesome young man. And I don’t know about you but grant sure looks like a missionary in that suit! Haha tell grandma polly hello for me and that I love her and that in all seriousness, I have felt the presence of grandpa howard in more instances than one while I have been out here on my mission. I know he is watching over me. I know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are completely and totally involved in this mission work. I am so excited to hear what seth decides to do about his mission.

Papá, Gracias por todo lo que has hecho para mi en mi vida y en las vidas de mis hermanos y mi mamá. Todos nosotros sabemos que tú nos amas. Tú eres un buen ejemplo po tú familia y mi esperanza es que, algun día, yo puedo ser un esposo y papá exactamente como tú. Te Amo Papá.

Elder Hackleman,

Good morning. How has your week been going? So how are you doing? We have been having a good week. Nathan officially finished football. He played a game on Tuesday and Wednesday. It was very cold. We bundled up mom the best we could and she still froze, but she was in good spirits and was glad to be able to see the games. Seth's game on Friday was a lot warmer. We are gearing up for Seth's post season game this coming Friday. They play Creighton Prep.

Ryan Shields is now on facebook with his mission. Kind of cool.

So you got us totally curious about what you are going to do that will shake up the entire mission? We need more info:)

How is the new camera working out?
I sure love you!
Mom

Hey momma! Ok I will start off by telling how I just single handedly rocked misión Perú Lima Oeste, ok with the help of my companion, the sister missionaries in my ward, the ward members, the bishop, The Spirit,

It was an activity that we did yesterday before church. It was a HUGE success. We and the sisters got as many young single adults and young men and women from the ward as would come and met up at the church building. The four of us missionaries made slips of paper with 3 questions on them. Do you believe in God? Did you know that God has a plan for all of his children? Would you like to know more about how families can live together forever? Then at the bottom, we put a spot where they can write names, addresses, and times where the missionaries can pass by to meet with them. The idea is that they all go to different areas in our ward and contact people on the street. They do not have to be worried about trying to teach something. They just ask the questions to get the people interested in hearing more and then give a brief but heartfelt testimony and ask for their information. It was a AWESOME! In my area, Elder Ramos and I got 26 references from this activity and the sisters area got something like 22. That means we had almost 50 references in our ward in the span of one hour! The Lord definitely has His hand in our work for Him.

So Grandma told me that her and Gramps tried to give their tickets to the CSU football game to some missionaries! Haha and they didnt accept of course bu it somehow ended up with a visit to there house from the mission president and his wife!! Haha they asked grandma and grandpa if they could give the tickets to the senior couple. how funny!

I sure do love you mamá! Cuando yo regreso a mí país y tú y yo estamos listo para mirar televisión juntos por un tiempo como hicimos antes mi misión, voy a enseñarte español para que tú sepas mas que palabras de un play de teatre. Haha

Te Amo Mamá!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment