Monday, September 22, 2014

Letters This Week

For My Birthday, I took My District to Lunch on our P-Day

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder J. Hackleman,

How was your week?? Did you have your baptism? How's your companion doing? Did you know that you never told us what you bought yourself for your birthday?? ! So let me tell you about the awesome week I had! I have been walking two miles every morning while Nathan is in Seminary. That's when I do my prayers. I usually pray for about 3/4 of a mile. Thanks to Elder Bednar, last week I tried something new. I prayed only to thank Heavenly Father for my blessings. Not asking for anything. Holy cow!!! It gave me such guidance, inspiration and strength all week! I'm going to keep doing that for a while. I have a lot to be thankful for!! We are really looking forward to Conference. I bet you are too! That should give you a chance to get with the other missionaries that you don't get to spend a lot of time with!

Seth flies out on the 29th. One week from today! I'm not sure if he told you. He flies out of Salt Lake City around 7:00 am to Los Angeles. Los Angeles to Mexico City and Mexico City to Veracruz. He'll be flying for almost as long as you did, but he gets to stop :)

The Utes went to Michigan and played in the Big House. It was a great game we ended up winning 26-14. But now we start conference play, and it's about to get tough!! PAC 12 has 5 teams in the Top 15. USC, Arizona State, UCLA, Stanford and Oregon. I think we play all of them but Stanford. Yikes!!

I hope you are healthy and safe. Your dad is making a prediction... The next place you transfer to will be your last!!! It's crazy to think that your time is getting so short. Step on the accelerator and keep working hard!! I am so proud of you!!!!

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Hey dad! Well, It seems a little unorthodox-ed but I used my money to take my district out to eat one p-day. Sooo.....here´s the picture of that. Haha That is awesome that you are walking! and following Elder Bednar's council. President Uchtdorf has talked about that before as well. Sounds like its a common theme coming from the Elder Brethren for a reason. =) Seth didn´t tell me when he´d be flying out. That is so awesome! GO UTES!!! I was a little nervous about that Michigan game. That is awesome. I know I can´t believe how much time is flying. I think my next area will be my last as well. YIKES!!!!!! We did have our baptism. It was awesome. His name is xxxxxxx. He is the husband of the couple we married a few weeks ago. Woo! Love you dad!

Elder J Hackleman


Baptism This Week


No comments:

Post a Comment