Monday, September 15, 2014

Missionary Life In Peru

My companion and I helped a lady in our branch milk her cow. 

Yes, I can milk a cow =)

This is my new companion. He is from Chili. He is the only member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in his family. One of the sister missionaries who taught him the lessons married someone from Omaha and now lives in Nebraska. Pretty Cool.

Peruvians tie the legs and the tail so they can milk on both sides without getting kicked or swatted by the tail. Not the way Granpa Howard milked a cow, but it seems to be effective.


Dear Elder J Hackleman,

How has your week been? Things have been good around here. Thursday Nathan tried out for the swing choir and he made it, so that will be a new adventure for him. Grant had a football game against a Bellevue School and they won by a long shot. I can't remember the score, but it was a lot to not a lot, ha ha. Grant played center and was in on every single snap and never had a bad snap so life is good. They practiced shotgun the night before the game and he wasn't getting the snap to the right place, so he needs more practice on that. Luckily the coach was smart enough to recognize he wasn't ready for that yet so they played under center except for when they needed him to long snap for punt returns.

So I officially start my online classes today. As soon as I get done emailing, I am going to get to work studying. Should be fun:)

We had a great Sunday. The meetings were so spiritually uplifting. I always feel replenished after a great Sunday. Now I just need to carry that spirit into the rest of the week.

What's going on in your neck of the woods?

I sure love you!

Love Mom

Hey momma!!! Good for Nathan! I hope he likes it. He better be the next hot thing after ¨one direction¨ if he is gonna give up football for it. haha No that is awesome though. You know that I always wanted to do swing choir. It looked fun and Mr. Mead wanted me in it really bad but it was during seminary and my teacher was kind of a nazi about those types of things.......=) (side note, Elder Hackleman's seminary teacher was his mother). Speaking of seminary, did seth tell you he saw Lance in the Provo Temple the other day? How cool is that? He says he is a twig now. Haha.

I hope you are icing your toe and putting on all of your witchcraft oils so that it heals quick. =) What are your classes like? You can tell me next week if you are studying right now. I know how school can be stressful =) Everything is going great around here! We have a baptism this week!

Elder J. Hackleman

I taught my branch presidency how to make pizza!
My ward mission leader had never eaten pizza in his life.......what!!!!!!!

Gringo teaching Peruvian's how to make American Pizza

City Street in Pueblo Supe, Peru

3 Wheel Vehicles


Houses on the Hill


Elder Hackleman Heading to a Teaching Appointment

Dear Elder,

How was your week? How did your teachings go? I think you getting someone ready for baptism, but I can't remember. How is your greenie companion doing? Things up here at home are great. Everyone is healthy and doing well. It's starting to cool off. I'm ready for that! But that means it's going to start heating up in Peru! You know, our lives are kinda boring when half our children are out serving the Lord! Your old man wouldn't have it any other way :)

Papio South won their game Friday night. They are 2-1. Sidney won theirs too. I think they are 2-0 so far. Utah had a bye week this week. They Michigan at the Big House on Saturday! Grant won his game. They are 2-0 so far too. Mom's toe is finally starting to heal. That's been a struggle for her to not move as quickly as she wants! So what cool spiritual things did you learn last week? I'm reading about the Savior's visit to the America's in my scripture study. I love those few chapters of 3 Nephi.

Seth is doing great. It sounds like he won't have any problems with his Visa. I think he flies out on September 29! I hope he's able to call from the airport like you did. That would be nice!!

Anyway, take care of yourself and your comp!!

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Hey dad! Teachings are going good! We do have a baptism coming up this saturday. My companion and I are doing good. My companion and I were studying a lot this week. Why it makes so much sense that God only has one true church and its the one we represent. I feel so strengthened by my scripture studies that I feel like I could take on the Pope himself on which church is true. I made sure to study a lot about humility afterwords to make sure I know where I stand and don´t cross any boundaries and that its not my place to prove people wrong, just to show them what is right. That is kinda what I have been focusing on this week.

So far it looks like all is well in the football relm!!! Who has sidney played so far? I am so stoked for seth. Thanks too for the money dad! Love you!

Elder J Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment