Monday, July 21, 2014

June 22, 2014 Letters

My District


My companion and I made pancakes with another 

companionship on our P-Day.

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 10:07 PM, wrote:

Elder Hackleman,

How are things going? We have been pretty busy this week. Nathan is now working out at the fields with Seth. He is a hard worker. Friday night we had a major rain storm with flash flooding and the works. They had to call the games and have closing ceremonies in the Barn. Tim sent all the employees home except Seth and Nathan. Then stuck around until midnight, and then rode home with Time. We had Seth leave the Trail Blazer at the fields and picked it up Saturday. Bellevue actually had a guy that night that had a car stall out in deep water so he was walking out to the edge and got swept away and died. It was pretty scary. Looking out our front window the water was flowing down both sides of the streets like a river. I'm sure the dry river bed in the back was flowing as well. Luckily we were safe and sound. Quite a few people in the ward ended up with flooded basements. I know the Law's had some flooding. I'm sure glad we have a sump pump.

Yesterday we were weeding in the yard and I came across a rabbits nest with at least 3 baby rabbits, right in my garden area. I didn't have the heart to disrupt them, so once again the rabbits win the race in our yard.

Nathan is gearing up for Treck. He leaves on Thursday. He is going in memory of Parley P Pratt. I am excited for him. It will be such a good experience.

Seth is getting his wisdom teeth taken out on Tuesday. This should be fun ha ha.

Grant is flying to Grandma Karen's on Tuesday to spend the week until we get there on Sunday heading out for our family reunion. We are going to do yard work for Grandma Karen's birthday gift.

I sure love you!

Love

Mom

You guys are already heading out to the Beck reunion??? Sheesh, I am jealous. At least it is my last one! You will have to keep me filled in on all the dirty details haha. Dad tells a different story about the bunnies. He said you ran screaming when you saw the nest move before you knew what they were. Haha I see that as much more believable. Haha That is crazy that you guys had all that rain. I have been out of Huaraz for a month now and I already miss the rain again. Haha That is so cool that nathan is going to trek as parley p pratt. DId he get to pick or was it just randomly given to him? He will walk in memory of his namesake! I hope you guys have a great week!!!

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder,

So we had a great week! We got lots of stuff done. I have to tell you a funny story about your momma. We had a huge rain storm Friday night. So your mom, Grant and I decided to go out and pull some weeds in the flower beds because the ground was so soft. Grant and I were sitting on the grass next to the street sign right on the corner in the front of the house. Your mom had gone in the back yard and was weeding that little square right next to the deck. She didn't notice a little mound of dead grass about the size of a small paper plate. She's pulling weeds and starts pulling the ones next to this dead grass. And it starts to move!!!! She let's out a few of her normal screams and runs up on the deck and starts yelling out for me. Of course Grant and I can't hear anything with the traffic and such. She climbs over the other side of the deck to come get us. So Grant and I follow her back and she shows us where it moved. I instantly knew what it was. Grant used the broom handle to gently pull back the grass. Sure enough. Four little baby rabbits! When I say little, I mean like maybe a week old!!! Of course Grant wants to keep them and raise them as pets. But we just covered them back up and left them alone. He checks on them every day though.

I don't know what families you remember from the ward. But the Hadley's are moving to Oklahoma this fall! Also, do you remember the Brandvold's? Kevin was talking to us the night you were set apart. He was the Scoutmaster, then a couple months ago he got called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric. Yesterday he was released because they are moving to Texas. They called Bro. Decker to be the new 2nd Counselor. He was the Young Men's President. That mean's I'm getting released sometime soon! Maybe they'll call me into the Primary. NOOOOOOOO!!!! We've had a few people move into the Ward and a few move out. In general, I would say it's bigger than when you left.

How are things there? Those pig photos that you sent were hilarious!! Grandpa Howard would have been proud to see you with the cow!! How is the teaching going? Your companion looks like a really nice guy.

We're on our way to Idaho on Sunday. We're stopping at Grandma Karen's to help her to some yard work, then going the rest of the way to Idaho on Tuesday. We'll do the family reunion and then on July 5th we're meeting Uncle Jeff, Uncle Joe, Grandma Karen and Grandpa Rog at Bear Lake for some boating. We'll take lots of pictures to send to you!!

Thank you so much for working so hard for our Savior. I feel his love for us every day and it makes me so proud of you! You are such a great example to your brothers.

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Hey dad! That story about mom is hilarious. She told me about the bunnies but failed to mention the part about screaming. Haha I remember the Hadley´s of course. That is too bad that they are moving. I got to admit, it won´t be very fun to come home to my ward and not know a single person and them not knowing who I am either. Oh well Haha as long as the Laws don´t move. I will be honest, I am super jealous that you guys are going to the lake. I was thinking about it, it has been over a year that I haven´t gone swimming. I don´t think I have gone an entire year without swimming in my entire life. Haha I want us to take a boating trip as soon as we can when I get home deal? Did you look in to the stuff on machu picchu or not yet? I sure love you dad!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment