Monday, July 28, 2014

Letters this week

Grant is taking care of Harlee for the week.  They are two peas in a pod.


On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 9:36 PM, Amy wrote:

Elder Hackleman,

As bad as last week was, this week has been great! It is true Satan tried to make our lives miserable, but once Seth went to the temple, there was a new spirit in our home. It was a wonderful evening. Seth and I went to the temple Wednesday evening while the rest of the family was at young men's and then Tim, Seth and I went again on Saturday. What a wonderful way to spend the week:)

Seth has his last shots tomorrow and then he will be all ready for his mission. We only have a few more things to buy and they are small things.

He will be giving his farewell talk on August 10th, and he actually teaches Elders quorum that day as well. Then the following week he is talking with a high councilman in another ward. The subjects are different so he is not able to just recycle the same talk. That's ok, it's good for him.

Nathan got his drivers permit this week. As we were standing there in line filling out the paperwork I was looking at how tall he was and decided we had better measure him to make sure we had the height right. He is 6' 1" tall now. He has shot up so much lately.

Grant is taking care of the Law's dog for them. They have been out of town on vacation. I think he is going to go through withdrawals when they get back. He loves that little Harlee so much.

I read in the Deseret News that the church has produced another temple movie and it is showing at some of the temples already. We are supposed to get it in sometime in the next week or so. In the past year they have made 3 different movies. It sure is fun to see the different versions.

Seth and I plan on going to the temple Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday he is flying out to Colorado for a long weekend.

I am starting to get that sick feeling in my stomach with the anticipation of his leaving. I am going to miss him so much.

At least when he leaves, I have the idea in my head to look forward to your coming home six months later. That will help to ease the pain of it.

I am considering going back to school doing the BYUI online program. I have until the 25th of August to make up my mind. I think it's about time I finish my degree after all these years.

What is new in your neck of the woods? Did you ever get your second set of shots? I heard they give you the last shot in the series while you are on your mission.

I sure love you!

Love Mom

Hey mom!!!! I hate to be that guy but.....I told you so! As much as I have learned about Christ on my mission, I have learned a thing or two about Satan as well. I am so proud of Seth. Keep him going to the temple. It is the best thing for him. I saw that the Walkers went for Seth’s endowment as well. They are going to get their fill of the temples just going for all the future missionaries in our house! Haha

What the clank are you feeding Nathan? He is a giant. I went back and looked at some of the pics you put on my blog of you guys at gram´s house and stuff, dad better watch out.

I have not been to the temple since Provo. That is one of the tough things about being a missionary. We work for the living while we´re here, not the dead. The good thing is that I get to go in November or December. Remember the Uruguayan man I baptized in my first area. The really big guy. Him and his wife are going to get sealed as soon as he completes a year as a member of the church so I get to go to the sealing. I am incredibly excited about that. Don´t worry about Seth. He is going to be an awesome missionary. He will pick Spanish up faster than me and his personality has been fine tuned for Latin America. He is going to have amazing success.

I never got the shot. We don´t worry about that stuff once we get on the mission. Really if we follow the rules, we never get sick. He will be fine. I love you mom!!!!!

Elder Hackleman

p.s. will you tell Albandy I still have plans to watch all the planes movies with Jace that I missed!

P.P.S. What are you thinking of studying when you go back to school?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Amy wrote:

Possibly Psychology. I don't know though. After I wrote my letter to you last night, I stressed about school all night. It is like that reacquiring dream where you are late for school and don't know your locker combination. I am having second thoughts now feeling like it might be more than I can handle. I have a couple of weeks to make the decision.

Oh, and by the way, I saw a post on facebook that Larissa Conger get's home in August. I can't believe she is done already.

Nathan has no intention of playing football anymore and I haven't heard any more about basketball either. He does want to hit the gym. He told me this morning he wants to look like you so he needs to start lifting weights. If only he would go out for football, he could hit the weights there. Darn kid. It breaks my heart to think he doesn't want to play.

haha sorry....that is kinda funny. haha We have dreams about that in the mission too. That we are going home before we are done and we don´t know why, or we are ready to go home but we miss our plane and it happens to be the last plane on earth going that way. Haha

wow. yeah that is nuts about Larissa!

Tell him I don´t give him a choice. He has to play or I will pray that he loses an arm......missionaries prayers are always answered.........

No comments:

Post a Comment