Monday, October 27, 2014

Letters Oct 19



On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 10:44 PM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder J Hackleman,

How is my oldest son who is now a zone leader doing? We got an email from your mission president with an awesome letter telling how impressed they are with you and your capabilities. I know that you got transferred, but I don't know anything else. One of your buddies's mom tagged you in a picture on facebook. I added it to your mission blog even though I don't know the details of the picture.

This week has been an exciting one since I have spent it in Idaho running all over from one sibling to the next. I saw Chelsey on Friday. It was so good to see her. I didn't get to talk to her very long. We met at Golden Corral, but ironically she pulled up at the exact same time Macey and her fiancé, so I was trying to talk to everyone at once. We ate dinner together at Golden Corral. Chelsey had to get on the road because she was driving all the way back to Saint George that same day.

Christie, mom and I went and saw the movie put out by the church called "Meet the Mormons." It was great.

I went to school in Idaho Falls, for my BYU-Idaho class. I also went to an Idaho State football game. They were playing SUU. That is where your buddy Josh is going to school I think. I checked the roster in case he was playing football. He wasn't.

It was so much fun.

Today we went to Aberdeen because Kristen lives there now and she had her baby blessed. It was fun to see people from the ward I grew up in.

Today is Sunday evening. I am going to be driving back to Omaha tomorrow so I am emailing you today. I may or may not have reception along the way.

I can't wait to hear about the details of your transfer etc.

I sure love you!

Love Mom

Hey Mom! Yeah I was called as zone leader. haha How is the beck family! I hope you sent my love to everyone. Did Chelsey eat dinner with the whole family then? How did that go? How is Macey doing?  Tell me about it!

I did hear about that movie. I bet it was awesome. did you go to a class while you were in Idaho falls or what? I thought it was just online? What are Joel Jared Daniel and the rest of the family up to? I sure love you!

Elder Hackleman


Dear Elder!

You crazy man! You neglected to tell your parents that you were called to be Zone Leader! We heard it through a very nice letter from Pres. Archibald and his wife. I know this means a lot more administrative work and a little less teaching, but the Lord's system of managing His work is superior to the world's. The skills that you have learned and will now learn will help you to become a great manager in whatever career you choose. No matter what it is. Managing people, time, resources or materials you'll draw on this experience the rest of your life and it will put you far ahead of others. And the best part right now is that you can help to save souls at the same time!!!

The Utes went up to Oregon State and won in overtime. They better get their offensive heads on straight because USC is coming to Rice Eccles next weekend!

Everything here is going great! I have been hired at Bellevue University to teach Graphic Design classes. Two things about it. First, classes (for me) won't start until January. Second, they may not start at all. I'm only teaching a class if the class needs dividing. So if there are too many students in one class, they'll split it and I'll take one. It's all taught online so I can work whenever is best for my schedule. The other one that I'm waiting to hear about is Midland University in Fremont about 45 minutes away. They will probably have classes that I will actually need to be present in. That will be a lot fun as well! So, in the grand scheme of things, it's not that much money. It would be around $1,000 to $1,200 a class. Plenty to pay for my two awesome missionaries... and spoil your mom a little more!!! I should hear something about Midland in a week or so.

I think Seth is doing great. He said he got sick one day. I have to find out more about that. He also said that they did a service project and cleaned out a house that was full of dead Tarantula's!!!! Can you imagine your brother surrounded by spiders!!! Apparently there is a lizard living in his room that he named Rico. I say take care of it! It will keep the spiders down!!! Your mom is on her way home. I can't wait to see her! We had High Priest's Quorum meeting last night. I got to chat a little bit with Bishop Walker. He's doing great and was wondering how you were doing. Tim Law is in China right now. I wonder what crazy thing he's going to come home with!!

I am so proud of you! Keep working hard and tell us all about your new Comp and exciting news from your work!

I love you son!!

Dad

Hey dad! Yeah I didn´t tell you about zone leader. It isn´t anything major. Just another opportunity to serve in different ways. My zone is the biggest zone in the mission. Its called Ventanilla. We have 29 missionaries and next transfer we will get 2 more because we are going to open another area. We also have the highest number of baptisms as a zone almost every month. The church is really strong here. It is nice to work with people who are so strong. It helps us out so much. I am so proud of Seth! He already had a baptism! I bet he is loving the food too. Haha

Well that should be fun teaching! You will be alot busier haha. What is your calling in the church right now? I forgot. I love you dad.

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment