Thursday, October 2, 2014

No General Conference This Week In Peru

In Peru this week there are Political Elections. Because of this no one can go to church this weekend.
They will have to participate in Conference a week behind the rest of us.
This is the Law in Peru:
Political gatherings are forbidden, while public gatherings of any sort are prohibited during voting hours, including religious liturgies and entertainment shows. Clergy of any religion can not participate in their distinctive garments or habits.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Amy wrote:

Elder J Hackleman,

I can't believe today is actually here. Seth flies out to Mexico. I am patiently waiting for his phone call from the airport. Ok, maybe that isn't true. Patient might not be the correct word for it, but I am excited!

Grandma Karen and Grandpa Roger on on their way to the house right now. They are hoping to get here before he calls. They left yesterday driving this way and got as far as Kearney and then spent the night.

Grant played Westside in football on Thursday. It was on the same field your dad used to play on when he was in Jr. High. Unfortunately they lost. It's his first loss of the year. Grant had a good game though and he wasn't too sad. 

Grant is in blue playing center.
This is the same field Tim played football on when he went to Westside

Tuesday Grant had his last game. It was raining hard, but luckily they got to play at the high school on the turf.

The weather here is still a little warm, but actually pretty nice. It rains every couple of days so the grass is still green. I love this time of year.

Grandma just called me and she just left Kearney. Seth is supposed to be calling in the next half hour. I'm not sure she is going to make it in time. If he has time I will see if he can call her real quick.

So where will you be watching general conference? I’ll bet you are getting excited for that.

I sure love you!

Love Mom

Hey mom! I wish I could see Seth´s long hair. That is killing me. I can’t believe he is flying out already! That is awesome that grant played on the same field as dad even though he lost, no one else will be able to say that in our family. We are going to have transfers next week so this time next week I should know if I am staying or going. SHeesh, Time is flying by so fast. I can´t believe it. It is starting to scare me a little bit to be honest.

We will not be able to watch conference until next week because they are going to have their political elections this weekend and it is a law here that no public building is allowed to be opened, They are forced by law to vote. Haha so we have to wait to watch it at the church next week because we aren’t allowed to have any form of church service Saturday or Sunday.

I love you!

Elder J Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment