Monday, October 27, 2014

Ventanilla, Peru

Ventanilla, Peru

Elder Roco is one of my best friends in the whole mission.He was my district leader when I was in Huaraz.
He is ending his mission this transfer.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Amy wrote:

Elder J Hackleman,

Another week has flown by. Last week I was traveling back from Idaho on Monday. It was a long drive, but the weather cooperated so there were no problems along the way.

We are gearing up for Halloween. Nathan is having a Halloween party at our house. He is considering having a Twilight Marathon with all his friends. It should be interesting.

What is your new area like and your new companion? I would love some pictures:) What is your address? We were thinking of google mapping again. It's fun to see the area you are serving via google earth.

So your uncle's are wondering if you would consider ISU for college. I never really knew what your opinion about ISU was or is?

Do you know what day you come home? I know you said it was in March but do you know the day? Not urgent, just curious.

I love you so much. I can't wait to hear from you:) Monday's are my favorite day!

Love Mom

Hey momma!!!! our address is xxxxxx. I hope you can find it. The city is called Ventanilla. We are right around the corner from the church building! I would love to play football again.

I do know what day I go home. It is March 23 If I’m not mistaken. My companions name is Elder Quezada. He is from El Salvador. He is awesome. I don’t have picturess of him yet. Haha it was kind of a crazy week this week. We had tons of different trainings with president. The missionary I am with in the second picture is Elder Roco. He is one of my best friends in the whole mission. He was my district leader when I was in Huaraz. He is ending his mission this transfer. Him, Elder Kitchens, (My best friend on earth), Elder Crozier, (The missionary that knows Josh Woodbury) Elder Acero, (My second companion in the mission after Elder Kitchens) and others. I will be losing a lot of brothers this transfer. Anyway, the pictures are a few of my area so you can get a feel for it. Haha love you!

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder,

How was your week last week? I'm getting the feeling that you're a little stressed out. What can your Dad do for you? I know you are working hard and busier than ever with the work of the Lord. That's good! Probably a little stressed out because you feel time is slipping through your fingers. That's okay too. That means your heart is where it needs to be. You're probably even starting to allow thoughts about what's next creep into your mind. That's where mommy and daddy come in. As time goes by and you ponder the things that you want to do when you get home, like school, etc., let us know! We can get a jump start on things while you are finishing up your labors in the field. We can send in college applications, scholarship applications or whatever you need! That's my little pep talk to my eldest son!

Okay, so Utah pulled out a squeaker against USC at home. Blackout game!

University of Utah
Blackout Uniform 2014

I attached a photo of Utah's sick black uniforms! Anyway, they ended up winning 24-21. It should have been much worse. We reached the 2-yard line twice and turned it over both times!!! We got there a third time and had to settle for a field goal!! They moved up to #18 in the polls. Here's one for you! Colorado State could win the Mountain West conference!

We're going to Grandma's for Thanksgiving. Gpa is getting us tickets to the CSU vs. Air Force game in Colorado Springs. That should be a fun game. Your mom is doing great in school. She's my woman. Have you been hearing from Seth? I hope so! Apparently, he has to have his hair longer!!! He says that there has to be a line, or part, in it so he has to keep the top longer. He's so funny. Well enough of me rambling on! What's happening in Ventanilla? How's the food there compared to the other places you've been? Also, what are your living arrangements there? Apartment, house? Do you have a pensionist?

Do you ever hear from Seth? I guess Mexico is infested with tarantulas. He's loving it!! Not the tarantulas!

I am so proud of you son!!

¡Te amo hijo!!

Papá

Dear Dad,

haha yea he writes me. I love that kid. He said hasn’t been rejected once! Everyone wants to hear him!!!! I am proud of him......that is not the case where I am afraid....haha

Hey dad!!!! You read my mind. It has been a stressful week. I don´t have time to breath. The last six months of a mission are craziness. I do think a lot about where I am going to college. Just thinking about it, I am thinking between ISU and the U. Dad, I really want to go to the U. I would go to ISU if I could play football there though. Could you and mom start going crazy on college applications and scholarships for those two schools? GOOO UTES!!!! That is so sick. Their helmets are awesome!!!!! I can’t believe CSU though! Where did that come from? Are they ranked?

Ventanilla is great. We are finding a lot of new people to teach. I have a pensionist who is a fantastic cook so the food is great.

I am in a room that is part of a house but it has its own entry and everything apart so it feels like it’s own separate house. I gave mom the address for it so you can google earth it. It’s right around the corner from the church so that is nice. I sure love you dad! How are your college classes coming along?

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment