Monday, December 22, 2014

December 15 letters




On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder J Hackleman,

How are you doing? Did you get your package? We had our ward party on Saturday. The theme was the Parable express. We had a musical number performed by the young men and young women. Nathan and Grant both participated. It was to the Hot Chocolate song from Polar Express. It was very cute. They even had props and actions. Then after church yesterday, Nathan had his December concert at the school. It was great.

I still keep thinking of the lesson I learned from Henry B Erring about writing in his journal every single day of his life specifically making a note of how he saw the work of Christ in his life that day. I sure hope you took my challenge and have been doing this. Especially when you are on your mission, I think it will be a blessing in your lives if you acknowledge and then recognize the work of the Lord.

So I guess Seth is pretty open for a time to skype, so if you just give us a time we will nail it down with him. I guess Grandma and Grandpa are going to Uncle Jeff's this year so you will only get to skype the immediate family.

Last Sunday Daniel was made bishop. He sure is the man for the job. He will do awesome.

Jake Kitchens friend-ed your dad and I on facebook so now I am friends with him and his mom. We will be able to coordinate his trip here easily now. We are sure looking forward to that.

Saturday night at the ward dinner, Erik Jacobs made some Peruvian salsa. I was so sad I didn't realize it until it was all gone already. His wife Julia told us he would make us some this week. I sure look forward to that. Jake has been posting Peruvian dishes on his facebook and they look delicious. You need to take pictures of your food whenever you can so we can get a better idea of what you eat:)

I sure love you!

Love,

Mom

Hey momma! I`m proud of Nathan. I guess if he chooses being the next famous thing in music instead of going to the NFL, he will still have a proud older brother. Haha That`s awesome for Seth. Your so funny mom. His cute face isn't going to get ruined any time soon if he keeps fighting like he is. Have you gone to watch? its pretty cool. haha. with Christmas I am really open. would you prefer calling in the morning or in the afternoon? That's awesome that Daniel was called as bishop. I will send him an email right now. I`ll take some pics of some foods for ya. have you talked to Jake's mom at all?? I love you!

Hey dad. First things first, Familia xxxxxxx came!!!!!!! They just have to go to church this Sunday and the Saturday following.....agua!!! haha we are super excited. yes I did get the package and no, I haven't opened it yet, I am exercising obedience as well......you should be proud. haha sounds like a fun week! So are we just going to skype the immediate fam? I haven't done that once yet! What are the rules for Seth in his call?

Ventanilla is great! We are on track to break the mission`s record in baptisms for a single zone this month. I told you that right? woo! That is awesome that Utah is ranked so high! I don`t know where that came from but impressive! I will be home for March madness to watch them play. haha I am staying surprisingly focused. I thought I would start getting trunky this close to the end but we are working like crazy! All is well. Love you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment