Monday, December 22, 2014

December 1st Letters

My Missionary Companion

My Companion's Birthday

Nathan at the Airforce/CSU Football Game in Colorado Springs

Nice picture of the back of Amy's Head
Beautiful Day for Football


 On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Amy wrote:

Elder J Hackleman,

Hello. We made it back from our trip. We had a great time. I know your dad sent some pictures. The day of the game the weather was fabulous. It has turned cold again. We are freezing now, but at least we aren't trying to go to an outdoor football game in this weather. I am cooking cinnamon rolls right now, to help warm up the house.

Karen came back with us so she can be here for Tim's surgery this afternoon. I'm sure all will go well. We decided it was time for your dad to get his hernia fixed once and for all.

We sure have been talking a lot about you and Seth with grandma. She talks about all the missionaries that come and visit her and grandpa all the time. She lets them give her a message. We stayed at the Marriott in Colorado Springs and Grandpa saw The Book of Mormon in the drawer and he said he was going to start reading it but the print was too small. When we got back to Ft Collins your dad worked on grandpa's computer re-sizing things so he could read on there. We told him he could download the Book of Mormon for free and read it in large print on his kindle or computer.

On a different note, how are you doing? I was thinking I don't know what your companion looks like. I am not sure if I have seen a picture of your current companion.

I sure love you!

Love,

Mom

Hey mom! Here is a pic of my companion. The one is of his birthday that was a few weeks ago. That is so awesome that grandma and grandpa are familiarizing themselves with the church. One thing´s for sure, nothing is impossible. We can always put our money on the book of mormon. If grandpa starts reading it consistently, it will change everything. My testimony of the Book of Mormon has grown SO much.

On another note, I forgot cinnamon rolls existed until just now, I miss them SOOOOO much! Put that on the ¨must eat when I get home¨ list. Haha I sent an email a little longer to dad about what is going on in the zone and everything. You will have to go read it. =) Your son is working hard down here. Well, both of them are, because both of them are ¨down¨ from where you are. =) haha I can´t believe we are already in December!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time is really starting to fly now...You need to get in touch with Jake Kitchens, He was my trainer that I always talk about. I want him to make it out to Omaha when I get home so that he can meet you guys. I love you!

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 7:36 AM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder J Hackleman,

How was your week? I know I start off with that every single time, but you wouldn't believe how excited your mom and I get on Mondays!! We truly love hearing about your work. We had a wonderful visit with Grandma and Grandpa for Thanksgiving. It was really nice. Wednesday night we went to the CSU vs. Wyoming volleyball game. CSU won the Mountain West Conference Championship that night. Then we had a nice relaxing Thanksgiving. On Friday, we went to Colorado Springs too watch the football team play Air Force. The Falcons won with a last second field goal. It was a great game even though CSU lost. Then we went out to dinner and spent the night there and went back to Ft. Collins on Saturday. Finally we came home last night. Grandma rode home with us so that she could be here for my surgery this morning.

We have been so blessed! Tell us about your week! How is familia Palomina doing? Are you teaching anyone else? How is the Zone doing? How is your companion doing? What was the name of your area again? Are there a lot of stray dogs there? Seth says that they are everywhere in Veracruz but they are all tame. I forgot. What do you do for meals there? You just have to get me back up to speed. I know you told me a lot of this stuff already. Speaking of Seth. Do you hear from him every week? I know we don't get his emails until Monday even so you probably get them a week behind. I know I asked a lot of questions! :)

I'll tell you how the surgery goes in my next email!

I am so proud of you son. Keep working hard. The Lord has blessed you and your family with tremendous blessings because of your faithfulness.

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Hey Dad! This week has been a roller coaster, but an awesome one just like always, our zone is making ground breaking moves, we are on track to break the record for the most baptisms in a single month in the history of this mission. My companion and I are pushing them hard =) I am so proud of our missionaries though. President Archibald is going to be a general authority I know it. We are making big strides. 

I have a pension for lunch and my companion and I are on our own for breakfast and dinner. Familia xxxxxx is doing great. They didn't make it to church yesterday but we have a family home evening tonight with them and we will get things set straight. =) We have whats called a noche blanca which is White Night in English. haha the 20 of December, we as a zone are going to have around 20 baptisms! In one night! And familia xxxxx is going to be part of it as well so we are stoked. We have some others that are awesome that we are teaching that we plan on getting in the water this month as well. All in all. Miracle month. =) My zone´s name is Ventanilla and my area´s name is Los Alamos.
 
I do talk to Seth almost every week so that's good. It sounds like he is doing awesome. =) The kid already knows Spanish like a champ. I knew he would pick it up quick. Well Sure love you dad! Looks like you guys had a fun thanksgiving week. I forgot all about it.....haha Love you!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment