Monday, June 17, 2013

Father and son Letters week of Jun 17th



Elder Hackleman

On Sunday June 16, 2013 at 11:30 pm, Tim Hackleman wrote:

Dear Elder Punkin Sonshine!

How was your week?? I heard rumors through Mission stalking on the internet that your Mission is splitting. Is that true? What's been happening? Your mom and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary yesterday. We went to the College World Series. I got tickets from work and we sat in the same seats that you and I sat in to watch the Omaha Night Hawks football team. We had a blast! Your mom and Becky got Tim and I tickets to see the Kansas City Chiefs play the 49er's in August for Father's Day. It's a pre-season game on a Friday night, but we are so excited!!

So what was your companion's name and where's he from? What's church like? What do you guys do on your p-Days? Play some soccer hopefully!

The family is doing great! Everyone is healthy and getting along pretty well. I can't remember if we told you that Seth was called as 1st Assistant to Bishop Ford. 

Anyway, I know you are super busy, so here's your lesson for the week:
Repeat after me:

¿Cuántos altos sacerdotes toma para cambiar una bombilla? Ninguno. Es más fácil dormir con la lección si no hay luz en el cuarto.

In english:
How many High Priests does it take to change a light bulb? None. It's easier to sleep through the lesson if there is no light in the room.

¡Ámele hijo! Papá

Hey dad! Sorry I didn´t have time to write back last week! I´ve been bummed about that all week. I hope you guys had a good anniversary! Did mom think those seats were awesome like we thought. I am so jealous that you and Tim are going to that game! Are mom and Becky going too or is it just a guy date? My companion´s name is Elder Kitchens. He´s from Ogden. Church is different. Haha It´s cool and there are tons of church buildings here but they are all built way different than those from the states. They are all built from cement and have nothing but tile as the floor. They are incredibly nice compared to every other building here though. I love Peruvians.  That´s awesome that Seth is First Assistant. That´s great. Everyone loves this week´s spanish lesson and....we can definitely tell that you use google translator! haha Love you dad.

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment