Monday, June 10, 2013

Letters to and from Elder Hackleman and little, big brother Seth

Elder Hackleman,
Boys state was awesome.  I was elected city sheriff and county sheriff.  Also I was elected cheer coordinator.  I received outstanding citizenship award at the end.  I was also nominated to go to boys nation.  5 people were nominated and only the top 2 go.  So I was at the top of the 450 boys from my peers and the leaders.  The councilors want me to be a jr councilor next year.  I had kids tell me I was more well known that the governor candidates.

This is a song I wrote for my town to sing to the girls staters.  It is to the tune "Hey there Delilah"

Hey there all you females whats it like up there at girls state
your a couple of blocks away but girls tonight you look so great
yes you do
boys state can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true.
and on and on ...


I met Taylor Martinez and the governor and you know all the big news dudes.

I love you.  Hope you are having a good time.

We went to the MC football camp and we beat Burke who is number 3 preseason.  So far in our scrimmages against other schools we are undefeated.  We are going to have a good team this year.

I love you.

Seth

That is so awesome bro! I am jealous. I was not nearly as outgoing at boys state and I regret it so I´m glad you got out there. How much bigger are you than Taylor Martinez? Probably tons haha. It was so long ago when I went to boys state. Nebraska had just announced its move to the Big 10 and Utah had just announced its move to the Pac 12. Crazy huh! haha 

I hope you kill it this year in football. Keep an eye on Nathan. He could really be something in high school if you helped him out. My dream is for each of you to be better football players and stronger in the Gospel than I was at that age. You´re prepping for your senior year. That is so crazy. 

Have fun but stay strong. It is such a great experience if you work hard in school and football than if you slack off. It may seem hard at the time but you will appreciate it so much more later on. And above all, ALWAYS exercise your testimony. Read the scriptures every day. Pray as often as you can. If you prepare for your mission as the first priority in your life, your football, school, and everything else good in your life will fall into place wherever the Lord wants it and you will be so happy. 

I can´t wait to hear how your season goes and how school goes and just think, this time next year, you could already have your mission call! I love you man. Stay strong.

Su Hermano,
Elder Hackleman 

P.S. COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW MY HEAT AND MY BOY LEBRON IS DOING?!?!?!?!?! Haha

Elder Hackleman,
Poor Lebron tore his acl.  It is a huge bummer.

Seth

No comments:

Post a Comment