Monday, August 19, 2013

Elder Hackleman's Birthday Letter

Dear Family,

Grant! You´ll be an awesome tackle or tight end! I´m excited to hear how it goes. Nathan, Good guts bro, I wish I could be there to see you play. But I will be back in time for you to play varsity! WOO! Seth. I unfortunately will not be back in time to see you play varsity and you don´t realize how hard it is for me. I am so proud of all of you guys and how well you are doing with everything. It truly is a sacrifice being here because I miss all of you so much. But We will all be blessed in or family from the brother´s missions.

My birthday was so awesome. I love my area so much. Yes they did get me with eggs. They snuck the first one on me and after, I was a good sport since i was already gross to let everyone else who wanted to have their turn. Haha Something else they do here for birthdays is everyone who is at the party gives their thoughts and a bunch of other really nice things about the person whose birthday it is and everything. There were so many people at mine that they didn’t have time for everyone to share something so they had a representative from each family say something. It was so nice of them. A couple of the sisters sang me a song too. That was cool. Haha And Elder Kitchens came! Him being a zone leader and all, he pulled some strings. His birthday is the 26 of august! It was soo cool. The coolest part though was that a bunch of our investigators came too. We invited all of them but the whole day, I doubted that they would come but a bunch did! We have baptismal dates for 2 of them the end of this month. As a missionary, There is no better gift than the company of your investigators and to see them enjoying themselves and creating friendships within the ward.

Here are some pics from the night. The egg pic is sick! There is an egg in the air! Haha

Love you guys!

Elder Hackleman

A Peruvian Tradition.  On your birthday everyone smashes eggs on your head.


This is Elder Kitchens.  He was Elder Hackleman's 1st companion in Peru.     He is now zone leader so he pulled some strings so he could be back in the area for Elder Hackleman's Birthday Bash.    These two are Best Buds!


The Poster is Awesome!  Even though he is 20 rather than 19:)


Lots of Goodies!


Birthday Presents From an Investigator Named Ruth


No comments:

Post a Comment