Monday, August 26, 2013

More from Elder Hackleman

Dear Elder,

So how was your week? I know you had a lot of investigators! How are they progressing? How is xxxx and his father? For some reason I'm always thinking about them. Maybe because xxxx is the first investigator that you told us about. I have to admit, I fear you may not be long for that area. Pops smells a transfer in your near future. Tell us how things are going! Your mom is going to share a very special photo with you. You are gonna love it!! It has to do with one of your brothers!!! Seth's first game is Friday and the Utes open their season against Utah State on Thursday!!! Wooooohoooooo!! Sorry Punkin! It's football season!!!

Anyway, things are going well here. Everyone is healthy and doing well. Except one minor thing with Seth. He has to have shoulder surgery. He's been dislocating it in practice. We took him into see a doctor at the same place as your knee doctor. Remember Dr. O'Malley? They said that the tendons holding it in place are shot and that he needs to have it done right after this season, if he can make it that long. The bad part is that he said it's a 6 month recovery. Anyway, they gave us a prescription for a brace that he can wear during games and practices. Seth said that it is helping him a lot! So that's a relief.

I hope you're staying healthy! You haven't had any more illness, have you?

Take care big guy! I sure do love you tiger!!

Papa


Hey dad! First of all. Don´t jinx me please. I love this area. Haha. We have three baptisms this saturday!!! I am so excited. Xxxx xxxx isn´t one of them though. Him and his dad are a process let me tell ya. But Satan isn´t giving up so we sure as heck aren’t. One of the investigators names is xxxxxx. He was a reference from a member in our ward. We have been teaching him for only just over two weeks and he is getting baptized! He really is that investigator that missionaries dream about. He prayed after our first lesson to know if our message and the Book of Mormon is true and the next lesson, He told us he got his answer and wants to be baptized! He is in his fifties. He has a wife and kids who are completely against his decision to be baptized but he knows that it is true and cannot change his mind. It is so amazing. But please pray for him and his family so that their hearts might be softened and they can feel of his example.

I hope Seth can make it through the season! How awful if his senior season ended in a surgery. I´ll pray for him. Nathan makes that number look better than I ever did!!!! Haha and Grant looks like a stud with a smile. Haha I have to admit, I would do anything within the confines of the commandments to be home during football season with you guys, but one important commandment is a full time mission, and I am definitely reaping the blessings already so I suppose I can wait. Haha I expect full scale reports of Utah, Nebraska, the scores of the BCS top 10 games, and random cool updates from the NFL every week please. I´m counting on you dad. Haha I love you!!!!!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment