Monday, August 26, 2013

This week from Elder Hackleman

Elder Hackleman,

Hello, How is your week going? I had the privilege of speaking in church yesterday. I think I did ok. They had me give an update of how you are doing.

I know your dad talks a lot about the boys football so I will not tell you the same things, but just send you pictures.

Nathan is pretty excited he has number 89. He is such a mini Jaren. His humor and mannerisms have been shocking me lately. It's like you are in the room ha ha.

We went over to the Laws last night for dinner. They had a bunch of food from the baseball tournament this weekend. We had a great time. Tim cooked us all Philly Cheese sandwiches. Yum!

So, do you know where your receiver gloves are? Nathan would love to use them, but we haven't been able to find them anywhere. Did you hide them away somewhere special? Ha Ha.

This week the temperature is suppose to be in the upper 90s all week. We are melting. At night it is only getting down to about 75. Seth's game on Friday is going to be a hot one.


This Thursday we are having a special meeting at the stake center with a general authority. The ward council members are invited. All the stakes from the area will be coming. They are planning on the building being full. Should be fun:)

First Quorum of the Seventy Elder Lynn G. Robbins


I was looking through my purse this morning and found the last two Chick Fil A cards. I didn't even know I had any left. Score! I will have a sandwich today for you:)

I saw an article in the news this morning about how they are using drones to find cool monuments in Peru. I will put the story on your blog. It's kind of fun:)

We are starting to gear up for General Conference. I can't believe how much anticipation I always have for Conference. I can't wait to hear the latest and the greatest from the Church authorities. Will you be watching it at the church or how will you see conference? I remember Joel did not get to see it at all when he was on his mission. They had to wait until the conference ensign issue came out. I took the best notes I could and pouch mailed him the talks. Oh, how times have changed:)

Well, I sure love you!
Love, Mom


Good guts those are some handsome boys!!!! Nathan has my number and my cleats AND my hands!!!!! Haha Thats awesome. No mom sorry, I have no clue where my gloves are.
Grant and Seth look ready for the season if you ask me! 

In regards to conference, yeah we all watch it as a stake in the stake center. Apparently, in the past, the gringos go on splits and go upstairs to watch it together in english and they usually splurge and buy some snacks and drinks to sneak up there so we make sure were alert and attentive.



For real though, I feel the same way. I have never been so excited to hear from general authorities as I have been lately. We had a multi mission conference on saturday. The Lima North and Lima West mission went and listened to Elder Tad R. Callister from the Presidency of the 70 and Elder Grow from the Area 70. It was so awesome. They talked about a bunch of awesome stuff. Elder Callister can’t speak spanish so he had a translator there to help him. The whole experience was awesome. 



I am sure your talk was awesome! And I´m glad you guys had fun with the laws! It is cold here! Ok not cold but definitely not hot like Omaha right now.

Monday, 26
63° 57°

Mostly Sunny
precip 0%

Haha I love you guys. I have some awesome pics this week. The goofy one is to show all the weight I´ve lost. I´m down 4 belt loops from the MTC! Haha and it’s not because I’m starving don’t worry. I must have a tape worm or something I don’t know haha


This goofy picture is to show 4 belt loop sizes Down

No comments:

Post a Comment