Monday, August 12, 2013

This Week From Peru

To Elder Hackleman From Seth

Football is starting up this week. We have practice Monday and Tuesday normal time. School starts for me on Wed so then we will have practice after school. I was contacted by Northwest Missouri State asking for a link to my game film. 

I'll keep you updated with all my football stuff, it is finally starting to really get going.

Love you. Keep working hard in Peru.

Seth

To Seth from Elder Hackleman,

Hey broski! Yes please keep me updated on everything. Send me game film if you can. It´s ok for me to watch it. My mission president is an Alabama boy. He feels my pain. Haha Good luck buddy. Your senior year. I can´t believe it. Study your guts out. The better your grades are now, the more fun you will have in college. 

4 things to focus on

Your Priesthood responsibilities



Seminary 


School work 



Football 



In that order. Notice I didn´t mention girls. I know exactly where your at right now and my advice is that I know girls are fun and going on dates is awesome. And that´s fine, but for real. They will be there after your mission. I wish someone would have really explained that to me. Take it from your not so big bro who knows. I love you buddy. I pray for you guys every day. Until Next week!!!

Elder Hackleman  (The first of many)


To Elder Hackleman, from mom,

We had a great week with Jeremy and his family. We went to the zoo, and all the local church history sites. Little Zerik is so much fun to be around. I love to listen to him talk. His little mind is always racing. Samee told me they were driving past the hospital where he had his appendix taken out and he asked her, what did they do with my appendix? She told him they threw it away. The next time they drove past the hospital he said, "There is the hospital that through my appendix away like it was nothing." So funny.
Zerik Beck


We went to Seth and Nathan's football meeting with the coaches last night. We are sure looking forward to the up and coming season. 

Tomorrow the kids start school. It feels like the summer has buzzed past so fast. We sure have had a good one though.

I sure love you!

Love Mom

To Elder Hackleman From Grant

Hey bro.  Jeremy got home Saturday. I had a bunch of fun with them. We did a lot of stuff, like we went to the zoo and the pool. Some days we just stayed home and chelaxed. 

When they were leaving, right before they left we went to the movie with them. Me, Ryker and Zerik watched Despicable Me 2. The rest watched Red 2. I thought the movie was a little short for some reason, but maybe not, I'm not sure. After the movie, we walked over to Culvers while everyone else was still watching their movie, but we accidentally went the wrong way so we had to go all the way around and come back to it. Zerik was wearing crocks and there wasn't really a sidewalk and it hurt his feet, so me and Ryker had to take turns carrying him. 

One day Zerik asked his mom, "how many more sleeps do we have?" What he really wanted to know was how many more nights until we go home. At the family reunion he went to Uncle Jared and asked him, "Hey uncle, I want some steak." So obviously we had to make stake for him:)

Seth would every once in a while give Jaiten a leg workout. Seth wanted to play football with Jaiten. Ryker didn't want to, but Jaiten said he hardly could lift his arms because Seth gave him an arm workout, so he had a hard time catching the ball.  So that's about it.
Love you.
Grantieprimaximus

To Elder Hackleman From Nathan,

Hey bro, hope you are having a good time in Peru. I fasted for you Sunday, just that you wouldn't get eaten by any wild dogs. Grant fasted for you too. But, probably not for the same reason. Keep it real.

Nathan


To the Family,
Hey guys! I wrote a pretty long letter to dad so you guys can read it and see how I´m doing but in short. I´m doing great! Spanish is awesome and my investigators are sweet. Sounds like Zerick is turning into quite a jokester. I talked to Jaiten a couple times about football when I was living in Idaho. I hope Seth helped him want to play some more. That would be awesome for him. Grant. I heard Despicable Me 2 


is hilarious. It’s called Mi Villano Favorito Dos in spanish. In english it means My Favorite Villain 2. They change the meanings of the titles of movies in spanish alot. I don´t know why they don´t just translate it directly. haha Love you buddy! Study hard and good luck in School!

Nathan, I am so excited to hear how your first year of high school football goes. I have one piece of advice, a quote that I am taking from one of the coolest card games/tv shows of my generation. ¨Gotta catch em all!¨.....Pokemon! 


Haha I can´t wait to hear what you think of seminary too. Seminary is awesome. Learn as much as you can because everything taught in seminary, you will use on your mission. Love you bro! Love you all!!!!!!

Elder Hackleman

Hey Dad! 

That’s good you guys had fun with jeremy and samee. I can´t believe school is starting up for the chillins again! Summer feels like it flew by! We have transfers tomorrow. My companion, Elder Acero, and I are going to stay together in the same area though. I am very grateful for that because he is an awesome comp and I have tons of work to do still in this area. And my ward all knows me and I have a huge birthday party coming up that they are doing I guess. 


Haha I´m excited. Birthdays are a big deal here I guess. Yeah I am going to buy a new watch today and maybe some other little things. My watch broke. I guess target watches aren’t meant to last two years. Haha Addressing the spanish, for real dad I can safely say that I am fluent. I don´t want to brag about it or anything because I know that I can give next to no credit to myself because the Lord has his hand in all of my work, but it is so cool. I am still learning tons about the language every day but my companion says I am killing it. The norm for missionaries to speak and understand spanish comfortably is at the 6 month mark of the mission. To speak fluently, usually they have a year in the mission and a year and a half is when they usually have perfect pronunciation without a gringo accent. Everyone I talk to says my pronunciation is perfect. I understand everything and people never have a hard time understanding me. I speak simply. I don´t have complex spanish down yet but conversations are a breeze. I definitely have been blessed beyond comprehension.


I sure do love you guys! Have a good week!

Elder Hackleman

I forgot to tell ya! I spoke in church for the first time yesterday. It was awesome. I was supposed to speak for 10 minutes, I ended up speaking for almost 20. OOPS! I guess I have the same problem with spanish as I do with english when it comes to giving talks haha. I spoke on missionary work. I said ¨Estoy muy agradecidos por la oportunidad a hablar con ustedes hoy sobre esto subjetivo. Es algo muy cerca de mi corazón.¨ It means, I am very grateful for the opportunity to speak with you all about this topic. It is something very close to my heart.....When I said that, I guestured to my heart and everyone laughed because they thought I was guesturing to my plaque. 


It literally is close to my heart. Haha I love my mission!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ya´ll!

Elder Hackleman

I had to catch a bird that was stuck inside someone´s house the other day. They only have a roof on half of their house. Even people that live in the giant city of Lima have pretty humble lifestyles sometimes. But yeah it was sweet! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment