Wednesday, March 12, 2014

From Dad

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 8:35 AM,

Yesterday was Grant's birthday. He is officially a teenager!!! We missed having you at our little family party, but I would rather you give him the example of righteous service that you are giving!! I'm always so proud you work tiger!! You inspire your old man to do better!! We had fun with him. He is having an air soft war with some friends from school on Tuesday. He's so excited that he couldn't sleep last night.

My talk went really well. I think. You are not going to believe this either.... I didn't even sweat!!! Only the third time in my church life that I didn't sweat giving a talk!!!

How are things in Huaraz?? Have you been able to visit the village of indigenous people that speak a different language?

I forgot last week to tell you two sports things!

1. Brian Johnson left Utah and went to Mississippi State to become QB coach there.

2. LeBron scored 61 pts in one game last weekend!!!

Well, I just want you to know that everything is great at home. Seth told me yesterday that he hopes he goes Spanish speaking so that you and him can talk about things without us parents knowing what you're saying!!! He's such a knucklehead.

Please be safe and keep up the hard work!!!

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Haha Wish grant a late happy birthday for me! Sorry I am writing late. We went to this awesome place called Huacupampa. I was sick. I got tons of pictures. I can’t believe you didn´t sweat! I haven´t sweated in over a month since I have been in Huaraz. Crazy. So we have this awesome family of three that we are teaching. They are all going to be baptized in 2 weeks. The cool thing is that the parents are both def! My companion and I are learning sign language in spanish to be able to communicate. I will be technically trilingual when I get home if all goes well! Tomorrow is transfers and my companion is getting transferred already! We only have one transfer together! So we´ll see how that goes. He is pretty bummed though. I can´t believe Brian Johnson dropped like that! He dropped like lebron drops threes! Haha Love you dad!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment