Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Letters This Week

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Amy wrote:

Elder Hackleman,

How are you today? What is new? We had a great Sunday. Tim and Becky blessed their baby today and your dad stood in the circle. That little guy is soooo cute!

This week has been a good one. I started a new blog two weeks ago. It is just random things, like recipes, diy projects, quotes, and anything else that might catch my eye. I am running ads on it. The idea is to someday make enough money to cover Seth’s mission costsJ In two weeks I have gotten over 1,000 views. Not too shabby.

It has been freezing cold here for the past couple of days. I am done going outside until spring ha ha.

I got a message from a friend of mine this morning. She was an exchange student who went to my high school. She lives in Sweden. I guess she met Tanner at church this morning. Pretty awesome!

Grant has been playing dodge-ball after school on Wed and Fridays. He sure loves it. Nathan told me today that he might go out for golf. We will see how it goes.

We are hoping to teach a missionary lesson here tomorrow. Our family has been helping the missionaries with a 15 year old investigator who never will commit to baptism. Seth and Nathan have helped teach him since October.

Well, I sure love you and can't wait until tomorrow when I get to hear from you:)

Love

Mom

Hey mom! I sure miss the cold. I can´t complain because Huaraz is like perfect weather, but getting a snowball in the face can believe it or not, be missed at some point in a person´s life if they haven´t had the experience in a while. That sounds like a fun blog! If you make a little more, you can at least get to where you can pay for date night or something. Haha Speaking of Tanner. He sent me an email today. Apparently a missionary in his mission got hit by a car the other day and passed away. It doesn´t look to me like Tanner knew him to well, but he did know the missionary´s companion who is pretty shaken up as one can imagine. How sad....

That is awesome that grant is playing dodgeball haha. I hope he knows his big bro was champion in intramurals at SVU! Nathan better go out for golf!!!!! Has seth started his mission papers yet? I have been doing the math and if all goes well, he could receive his mission call around the time I call home for mother´s day! Keep that in mind =) I love you mom!

Elder Hackleman

You can´t tell in the picture but I am in front of the church and it is flooding with rain. I stepped out into the road and water went up above my ankles Crazy! 


This is grafitti of a Huarazino or Cholo

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 9:07 AM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder,

We had a great week. It has been super cold here. It was 0 degrees when we left church yesterday! brrrrrrrrrrrr. But Thursday it's supposed to get up to 50! Your mom and I went to a UNO hockey game on Friday. I got tickets from work. It was a blast!!! Sam (our Mormon CEO) sat behind us with his wife and daughter. I should have introduced your mom, but I didn't :( Kicking myself for that one. Anyway, I have attached a photo!
UNO Hockey Game


How was your week? How have the lessons been going? I forgot to ask you if you are the "senior" companion. You have to let us know when you get put into leadership roles as well! Like District leader or Zone leader.

I'm speaking in Sacrament on Sunday. My topic is Lessons Learned from Captain Moroni! Should be fun. Lots of different ways you could go, but I think I'm going to focus on strategy and defenses.

I know your mom sent you a big letter so I'll keep mine short. Let us know what's been going on! You know how we love to hear about your work!

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Hey dad!!!! That looks like a blast! I can´t believe you didn´t introduce mom if you know him so well. That looks way cool though. Things are going great here. We have another baptism set for this week. Her name is Pilar. She has been progressing like wild fire until these last few days she started having some doubts. That always happens the week of a person´s baptism because Satan is very aware of what is going on. It will be fine though. Us missionaries are used to the fight against satan. I am senior companion yes. Really I´m not one to flaunt or even feel proud though if I ever get put in a leadership position. To be honest, I kind of hope I don´t. It’s a lot of worries and stress that are distracting from just being a missionary. But we´ll see. Haha Captain Moroni is a pretty awesome topic. When you are studying, read every single footnote and every reference there is, even if it seems off topic. You´ll be amazed what more you learn out of those verses. We are putting that into practice in our studies right now because that is what our mission president has been focusing on with us for a while. Love you dad!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment