Monday, August 25, 2014

Is there Football In Heaven?

Is There Football In Heaven?

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 5:49 PM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder J Hackleman,

Now that I got my daddy-has-crybabyitis email out of my system, I'm feeling much better! Seth got an email off to mom and he's doing great. I knew he would be. He's just like his big brother. He also got called to be District Leader too!

So how was your week??? We had a great one, despite being down another body in the house! What happened in Barranca? How was the teaching this week?

It's been really hot up here! You would not like it! 90's and humid!!! I hate it! So, Nathan has been doing great in school! He has two B's and three A+'s. He is doing much better in school this year. Grant may be playing Center on his team this year. There was no one that wanted to play it. We told him that you had played Center when you were in 9th Grade. He was so excited to hear that.

College football starts next weekend. I'll keep you posted on our Utes!!! You need to go check your blog. Mom posted a special "Happy Birthday" from someone you know that plays in the NFL!! :)

Better let you go and respond to all your other emails. I'm so proud of you!!!

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Hey Dad. I am sorry you had a rough time. I know it isn´t easy, I hear that it gets easier for the parents with every kid that goes on a mission but I am sure that is the opposite for how it felt with you guys. I hope the worst is past because it is exactly like you said, It is everything but a bad thing!

Seth is killing it at the MTC I know it. President Archibald came back this week again to teach our zone. We are doing some ground breaking things here in Barranca in terms of missionary work and he is taking notice. He taught us all about the Kingdoms’ of Glory and specifically the Celestial kingdom. What I learned is that to get to the Celestial Kingdom, we have to be sealed. Well that part we know, but what I learned is the sealing power is strongest between the husband and his wife, even if they are sealed to their children. It doesn´t mean the father-son sealing breaks when he gets married but when we make it to the Celestial Kingdom. When we say that our family can be together forever, it is completely true. What I am trying to say is, you and mom are sealed. You and mom will make it to the celestial kingdom where you will also be able to create worlds without number. I will as well with my wife. It will be like this life in the sense that we all are doing our own thing, but with the ability to visit and be with all of our loved ones whenever we want.

We will still celebrate Christmas together I am sure =) and having a mission president from Alabama. He is wonderful because I can ask him serious questions for instance, ¨President, Is there steak in heaven?¨ or even more importantly, ¨President, is their football in heaven?¨ He answered me but I am not going to write the answer. You will have to ask me when I get home. If we study the scriptures, there were many times when Nephi, Alma, Moroni, and others witnessed things so marvelous that they could not be penned to paper, his answers to those questions are one of those things =) I am going to leave you hanging on it for a few more months til I get home =) All I can say is, make sure you do everything you can to get you and mom to the Celestial Kingdom =)

Love you dad!

Elder J Hackleman


No comments:

Post a Comment