Monday, August 25, 2014

Letters This Week

There is one more Elder Hackleman in the mission field now

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 7:22 AM, Amy wrote:

Elder J Hackleman,

I have to put the J in so I don't get confused at which son I am writing to:) It's a great problem to have. I couldn't be prouder to be the mother of two missionaries.

I forgot to tell you last week, that we got a renewal notice in the mail for your driver’s license. It had a code for an online renewal, so that is what we did. You are all set and legal for 4 more years. One less thing to worry about when you get home:)

Saturday I was on the computer updating Seth's mission blog. I was so emotional because I was feeling so blessed to have two boys on a mission at the same time, but missing you both dearly. During this emotional time I checked my email and low and behold, I had an email from Seth! I guess Saturday is his p-day and he had just enough time to send off a one paragraph letter to me. Yeah! I posted it on his blog, which you can get to from your blog. It has a link on the right side of the page. He has seen Lauren a couple of times, but hasn't had enough time to talk to her.

On another note, I don't know if you have heard about all the rage going on right now concerning the ALS Ice bucket challenge. Basically, people video themselves dumping ice-water on their head to bring awareness to Lou Gehrig's disease. Anyway, Grant just now dumped ice-water on your dad while he was in the shower as a prank and called it the ALS splash. Silly boy.

Ok, back to my letter to you, sorry, Grant side tracked me ha ha.

So Seth got off ok. He was one happy boy who couldn't wait to start his mission

We took pictures in the exact spot we did when you left. It felt very much like deja-vu.

I have all the pictures of his last week posted on his blog.

You need to go take a look at your blog today for one other reason. You had a late birthday wish from someone special that didn't make it on the blog last week. You are going to be amazed!

How are things going for you? What is new in your neck of the woods?

I sure love you!

Love,

Mom


Hey mom!!!! I gotta say, your letter was a little scatter-brained. Haha but thats ok. I followed. =) I can´t believe Seth is in the MTC!!!!!!! I am bummed his P day isn't monday because now we can´t chat for awhile, at least until he makes it to Mexico. Haha I hope you and dad are doing ok. I know it’s tough but hopefully the painful part is passing. I know I have said it before but I´ll say it again, he is more protected then ya´ll are....haha I am glad you got my drivers license. I had to use it the other day to take some documents out and remembered it was expired. I handed it to the chick and she accepted it anyway. Then I remembered that I am in PerĂº. They really don´t care, nor can they even understand what it says cuz it´s in english. haha but I am pretty sure I will need it before I get home, otherwise I will be stuck in immigrations in Texas or something and won´t be able to make it home! Haha I am not sure how but we need to figure out a way for you to send it to me. =) It sure looks like dejavu in the good ol´ omaha airport! Your eyes look pretty waterlogged momma!!!! haha What the heck is up with nathan and grant´s shoes and socks? Is that what´s cool with the kids these days or did they accidently put them in the washer with a rainbow on a hot cycle? They are more colorful than Grant´s favorite pack of skittles!!!!! What happened to classic black or grey? I am going to be lost when I get home.... haha


We are teaching the missionary lessons to this wonderful couple.

I have to admit, when you are a missionary the thought of marriage scares you to death.  

I have such a one track mind right now.

Ok, to explain the pictures. We got a couple married the other day. The girl is a less active member that we are reactivating and the guy is going to get baptized. Sound familiar? It is almost the exact same thing I was doing this time last year with my buddy the Uraguayan! We are happy for them. The other pictures, well, they speak for themselves. I got real riding a motorcycle.


Now that's my kind of bike!

On your mark, get set...

Go!!!!!
Ok, I didn't really ride it.  

If you look closely you can see the kickstand is still down:)


Love you mom!!!!

Elder J. Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment