Monday, August 18, 2014

Letters This week 8-18-2014

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 7:43 AM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! How was your day? Did anyone crack eggs on your head?? I sure miss you, but if I have to miss your birthday, I am glad it's because you're on your mission. Seth leaves on Wednesday. It's going to be so strange!! Is it wrong for your old man to hope for double the blessings?? :) He doesn't seem to be nervous yet. Maybe it's because he had a strong example in his older brother. We'll see Wednesday morning.

So tell us all about your day! What did you do? Did anyone give you a happy birthday meal? Did you celebrate with Elder Sandoval? Did you find your money in your account? Someone put some more in. I think it may have been Gma and Uncle Jeff so you still have about 100 as of this morning. Don't forget to take a picture of what we got you!!

How did things go with Pres. Archibald? I hope someday we get to meet him.

I'm keeping this short because I want to leave you enough time to type in all the details!!! :)

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:47:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Week of 8/17/14 Elder Hackleman’s Birthday and Seth's Departure
From: jeffrey.hackleman@myldsmail.net
To: tim

Haha Hey dad! No really I didn´t do anything special this time for my birthday. It was just a day of work like any other. Haha We did go to an appointment and a sister made me a cake and put my name on it and everything. That was sure nice of her! And I did escape all eggs this time but not the cake squished in the face tradition that they have here. It is inescapable. Haha I haven’t bought anything with the money yet but as soon as I do, I will be sure to send you pictures. Thank you so much. I do fine and always have what I need, but it is nice to have some spending cash once in awhile though. Now that Seth is in the mission though, if you feel like sending some money but don’t have enough to send to us both, please send it to him. I know he´ll be fine but he will sure appreciate it. I will never have any problems with that. I sure love him. I am incredibly excited for him to be a missionary.

President Archibald´s training was as awesome as ever. I am not kidding. The man is something special. He spoke all about the Godhead. I can´t even begin to explain a fraction of all that I learned. One thing I can say is that even though our main focus in our lives should be Jesus Christ in order to reach the presence of our Father, we often forget the importance of the Holy Ghost, not just for His influence but that he is a member of that Godhead and how important that is to remember.

One of the main things I was taught about by my mission president this week is...

Our main focus in our lives should be Jesus Christ in order to reach the presence of our Father


But we should not forget the importance of the Holy Ghost

Anyway, I hope when I get home I can explain and teach a little bit more to you all about all the things I have learned on my mission. It is incredible. Mom told me about your heart problem, I know it has got to be incredibly difficult for you, but don´t forget that he will be a lot more protected on his mission than you all are at home. haha no offense. I love you dad! Thank you for all the love and direction you and mom have always given us so that we could reach the mission field.

Elder J. Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment