Monday, August 18, 2014

More Letters This Week

My younger brother Seth Hackleman has less than a week before he reports for his mission to Mexico

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,

I can't believe you are 21! We have been missing you so much this week. The last week before Seth leaves has been particularly rough. Everything is so reminiscent of when you left. He even fly's out on the same flight.

Your dad had a little heart episode last night. He is taking the day off work today. It wasn't anything major, and luckily we know what it is and how to handle it when he has a heart block. He just has to take it easier for a while and quit getting so emotional. I will tell you what, he sure loves his sons! Seth gave him a blessing last night and after that he was able to sleep.

I sure hope you are able to see your blog today. You sure have a lot of birthday wishes on it. A lot of people really love you and miss you.

Seth spoke in church again yesterday. He spoke in the Papillion ward with a high councilman. Once again he did a stellar job. He is so mature for his age and he looked so sharp in his new missionary suit.

Today we are going to put his name on all his stuff and pack up the suit cases so he is ready to go. We had a pig roast on Saturday and it was sure fun. The Hadley's had a going away party for Seth. I will post pictures from it on Seth's mission blog if you want to see it. I won't get to it until next week however.

Seth and Mike and of course, dinner

The boys are in full swing back in school. Nathan started seminary again today. Grant has started football practice. He was pretty sore on Sunday. He asked me if he could stay home from church because he could barely walk he was so sore. I rubbed deep blue on him, gave him a Tylenol and said, get ready, ha ha. By the time we got to church the meds had kicked in and he was feeling a lot better:)

So how has your week been? What did you do for your birthday yesterday?

I love you!

Love Mom

Dang. Seth looks like a missionary. I can´t believe it is this week!!!!!!! I am freaking OUT! I am so proud of him. Dad is going to have a heart block if all his kids keep leaving for missions and some don´t start coming home soon. =) Seth will have a long letter waiting for him next Monday from his bro. I hope he understands spanish!!!!!!!!!!!!:......=) Tell him how much I love him and pray for him. I am excited for him to join me in the work.

My birthday was good. I was just a normal Sunday. =) A sister in our ward did have a cake waiting for me at her house when we went to a lesson with her though. That was sure nice. Thanks for the cash though!!!! I haven´t spent it yet but I will send pictures as soon as I do. =)

A sister in our ward had a cake waiting for me at her house when we went to a lesson with her.
That was sure nice!


Candles and Snacks As Well:)


You can't have birthday cake in Peru without the traditional face smearing:)

Is Nathan playing football? Mom if he isn´t, I will be super upset. Please tell me he is. It is good that he is working hard in seminary though of course =)

Tell Grant I know how he feels with soreness. It feels like yesterday when my body felt like a butchered cow must have felt in that freezer when rocky when to warm up his fists. Tell him to stick it out.

Tell Grant that the first week of football practice makes you feel like you are 

fresh meat that has been punched by Rocky.


Speaking of deep blue. My zone leader has a pack of the Doterra stuff and has saved the entire zone more than once from various illnesses thanks to that. I rest my case, It works. We do however call it our witchcraft oils because it heals and we don´t even have to bless it. Haha

I sure love you mom!

Elder J. Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment