Monday, August 11, 2014

Letters this week

Nathan and Grant and Amy's Arm
Storm Chaser's Game


On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder,

Well, yesterday was Seth's farewell! It's happening way too fast for your old man! He did a great job. Guess who got to speak with him? Grant! He did awesome as well. He wore his suit and was looking very stylish. You'd be so proud of him. Albany Walker and the kids came to see Seth. That was sure nice of them. Becky was pretty emotional after Sacrament. I think it's almost as hard for her to see Hackleman's leave as it is for his their own family. Everything is going well here. Seth leaves a week from Wednesday. I gotta take that day off like I did when you left. I know I'll be a mess like I was with you. Parenting is like climbing a mountain to see the most beautiful view in the world. When your sons go on missions, it's like you're almost to the top. When you see them married in the Temple, you know you've reached the summit!!! Then you can sit down for a time and just enjoy the view!!! (Then your mom will push me off and we'll be over the hill) :)

So, we have a new thing in our house. I bought national flags for Peru and Mexico. I ironed them out for your mom and we have them hanging side-by-side on the wall going up the stairs to the bedrooms. We'll just keep adding flags as boys leave! But you and Seth will be here for the last two!! That makes me so happy. :)

2 Elder Hackleman's Serving Missions at the Same Time
One in Peru and the other in Mexico

How are things there? How's my buddy Elder Sandoval?? I'm so proud of you and all your hard work! I know that when you get home, I'll have so much to learn from you. Since I didn't go on a mission, I want to know as much about what it's like as you're willing to teach me!

Grant starts 8th Grade tomorrow and Nathan starts on Wednesday. The summer has flown by!!

I hope you're not upset, but I don't think we'll be able to make it out there to fly home with you. Financially, we just can't swing it. Believe me, it was the hardest decision your mom and I have had to make in a long time. Are you okay with that?

Anyway, keep working hard! Let's us know how the teaching is going!

¡Ámele hijo!

Papá

Hey dad!!!!

Man, I can´t believe how close Seth is. He will have a big email from his older brother waiting for him when he hits the MTC. I already have contacts in his mission waiting for his arrival. There is a sister missionary serving here that is finishing her mission that I know. Her name is Hermana Morales. She is from Veracruz. She will keep her eye out for him. She will be a returned missionary so she know the ´´look but never ever touch rule.´´ Haha I´ve got missionaries there looking out for him too so he´ll be in good hands. The other hands obviously are the Lord´s which help us worry a lot less. take a picture of the flags! I wanna see how they look. Elder Sandoval and I are best friends. He is one of my favorite companions. We get along great together and are going to have a lot of success in these last couple weeks of the transfer.

Don´t worry about the trip dad. I am not mad. I knew it was a long shot and the more and more I think about it, the more I just want to get home when I finish. I´m excited for the day when I cross security in that little Omaha airport to see my family =) the only reason I can allow one of my brothers to miss it is if they are in another country serving the Lord so, I guess I will give Seth a free pass....just this once. Haha

I know I don´t talk a whole lot about the work and my experiences and things. It’s not because I don´t have them. Quite the contrary, The mission is so powerful and things that we get to be a part of are, well, simply things that are hard to explain in writing. I promise though that when I get home, we will be spending countless hours talking about it though. It is the best. I am so excited for Seth to get out here in the mission field and share the experience with me. I sure love you dad!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment