Sunday, February 1, 2015

Burger and Fries Peruvian Style

This is a hamburger filled with French fries and soda in a bag. It is very common here. It was my dinner while we were making phone calls with the zone the other night.

Peruvians do not have their drinks cold.  They believe you will get sick if you eat or drink cold things.  I have told them I drink ice cold drinks in the middle of the winter and I've never gotten sick from it.  They tell me it's because Americans are immune.

Hey mom!!!! I´m sorry but I hope it is blisteringly cold at home when I get there. I hope I have to step off the plane in 3 feet of snow. I have not passed five minutes without sweating in like 3 months. Haha Sounds like you are having fun at school. What a turn of events, I leave home and quit school and while I’m gone, my mom starts school again and my dad starts teaching it!!!!!! Crazy... haha

Elder Hackleman

We were having warm weather for Omaha until Elder Hackleman requested cold in his email.   Look what we woke up to this morning.  This is looking out the back window of the Hackleman home in Nebraska.  Thanks a lot Elder Hackleman:)  We have so much snow today that church was cancelled.  2-1-2015



On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,

How has this week been? I hope it is better than last week. Did you get a new companion and if so, what is he like?

The weather is nice today. It is supposed to get up to 60 degrees. Crazy for January, but I'll take it!

Nathan has a couple more weeks of practice and then his show choir is going to start their rounds. They perform almost every week for the next couple of months. I can't wait to see him. He won't show me anything right now. He wants the first time for us to see him to be the real deal. We have seen him sing, but never sing and dance yet. I can't wait.

Grant rode his bike all day on Saturday with his friend. This warm weather is giving us spring fever ha ha. They like to ride to Shadow Lake shopping center and walk around. They usually stop in at Freddy's and get a French fry or milkshake. I love to see him get out. November and December were so cold we tend to stay in a lot.

Nathan had a birthday party he went to on Friday evening and it was warm enough to have a bon fire outside. I know this weather won't last, but it is nice for a change.

The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy for your dad. It is the only time that the two classes he is teaching actually over-lap. He keeps joking around about holding down 3 jobs, but that is exactly what he is doing right now. He's a trooper. He is so funny because he gets so sad when he has to give someone a bad grade. He wants to call them up and mentor them, but there is only so much he can do.

I am chugging along with my math class. It's not so bad. Each week at the beginning of the week I am always over-whelmed because I don't remember the rules, but then after a little refresher, it all comes back to me and by the end of the week I am sailing along. I can certainly see how this is good for me even though I complain a little bit. I keep thinking I just need to get through this quarter. It's funny because we are supposed to read a finance book by the end of the quarter to go along with one of our requirements. They give us a list of approved books to choose from. I have already blown through two different books and I think I might read another one. I love the reading part of it so I guess I am an over achiever when it comes to that part but give me a page with fractions and decimals that I need to do and I will put it off until the last minute because I find no pleasure in that part of the homework.

I sure love you!

Love Mom

Hey Dad. That is so sad to hear about that poor girl. What an awful experience. Well, this week was good. We have a baptism this Saturday!

I can´t believe how good Utah is in basketball right now. They are hangin in there with Arizona. Impressive.....

You are gonna do awesome in your class. Just remember that they are college kids. They´re more mature than people think. Let them know that you are there to help them and that what you have to teach them is something really awesome and can be enjoyable to do. Students will naturally put more interest and effort into something that appears enjoyable. The interesting thing is even the most boring class about nothing can be cool if the teacher makes it that way. You are gonna do awesome. I am not even frettin. Haha I sure love you dad! You´re the best.

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 11:43 Tim Hackleman wrote:

Dear Elder,

How was your week? We are doing great up here, everyone is healthy. It was a busy weekend! There was an accident a little over a week ago out in Plattesmouth. Just south of Offutt. A 17 year old member of the Church turned in front of on-coming traffic on Hwy 75 and was struck broadside (I think). Apparently it's a dangerous turn to make every time. She had her 7 year old sister as a passenger. The 7 year old was killed, but the 17 year old survived. It was all over the news here. Anyway, they ended up having the funeral at our Stake Center on Saturday. There were over 700 people at it.

The Utes are #12 in Men's Basketball. They should move up a little this week. It's going to come down to Utah and Arizona for the Pac-12 Championship. The Super Bowl is coming up this weekend.

I'm getting a little nervous. Thursday is my first day teaching at Midland University. Introduction to Advertising Design. I have 21 students enrolled so far...gulp. I am just past halfway with my Fundamentals of Print Design class at Bellevue University. It's actually been pretty fun, even though it's an online class. The Ad class will be fun too, I just have to get past the first class jitters. The only thing that kinda stresses me out is the time commitment.

I know you are super busy, but send some pics or stories about what's going on. :)

¡Te amo hijo!

Papá

No comments:

Post a Comment