Tuesday, February 10, 2015

See that ye serve with all your HEART




Note from mom: The letters home are getting shorter and shorter each week as Elder Hackleman's time in the mission field is drawing to a close. He told me not to worry, he is just working harder than ever and he promises he will tell us all about it when he gets home.

Dear Mom,

I hope the snow stays!!! We just got transfer notices today. I am staying here! It will officially be my last area. I don´t get my companion until tomorrow though. Elder Quezada is currently on the plane home right now. Crazy. I am six weeks away! I can’t believe it.

Gotta go momma. I am really pushing myself to the limits these last few months. Love you! You worry about the planning stuff for when I get home and I will worry about baptizing a ton of people and getting home as soon as I can!

Love Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:57 AM wrote:

Dear Elder J Hackleman,

Tell me all about your new companion. Where is he from etc. How has this week been going for you?

Nathan didn't end up getting his wisdom teeth taken out on Friday. He went to seminary and while there he forgot and ate a cookie. Because of this they had to postpone the surgery. No food after midnight, not even a little cookie. He was so bummed. He ended up having to go to school. Everyone was wondering why he was there. He finally told a teacher he was there because a cookie just jumped in his mouth and before he knew what was happening it was going down his throat. They all had a good laugh. He is scheduled for wisdom teeth surgery a week from today. Now he is probably going to have to miss two days of school since he won't have the weekend to recover but we couldn't do it on a Friday because he has show choir performances every weekend from here on out for the next couple of months.

Saturday night he had a little party with some friends over. They watched "The Maze Runner."

Grant is sure getting taller. Everyone keeps telling me he is looking like you now. That sure makes Grant happy.

We ended up having two snow days last week because we got so much snow, but Saturday and Sunday it warmed up to the 40's so it is melting. It is about half way gone and most likely won't make it to the end of the week, melting a little here and there each day. It's not exactly a heat wave, but it warms up just enough to melt a little here and there.

What is happening in your neck of the woods?

I sure love you!

Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment