Monday, February 2, 2015

Letters from Peru This Week

Hey dad, I forgot to tell you last week, but I sure hope you recorded the Super Bowl.
I want to watch it when I get home.
(Oops, we recorded it all right, but deleted it this morning before we got this message.)



Hey dad! 

That is awesome that you got your classes all underway. I don´t know anything more about when I get home other than the day. That it will be sometime the 23rd of March. Whatever that Tuesday is. My companion goes home this week so next Tuesday I will get my next, and last companion. 

We had a baptism Saturday! 

Elder Hackleman

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Tim wrote:

Dear Elder,

How was your week? We got snowed out of Church yesterday. A huge blizzard rolled in and laid 8 inches of snow all over. Then there was the wind and more snow. It was a good day to stay in, but we went and helped four families in the ward shovel their driveways. 

Have you received any details about your travel? Everyone is sure getting excited!! I am so proud of you for putting your shoulder to the wheel and pushing along. Every one here is doing well. Nathan has to have his Wisdom teeth pulled on Friday. He can't get his braces off until he does. Well, at least he will already have them done before he leaves for his mission.

Patriots won the Super Bowl. It was probably one of the best Super Bowls that I have seen. Football season is officially over. 

I taught my first Advertising class at Midland University. It was really fun. It will be a fun class to teach. Now that I got the first one under my belt, the rest should be a lot less stressful.

Well tell us what has been happening. What are you guys going to do for p-day today? When do you get a new companion? I know you are busy, so make the most of the little time you have left in that wonderful country.

I love you son!

Dad

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Grant wrote:

Yo Yo what's up dog how's life in the big city dog didly I can't wait till March cause it's my birthday oh and your coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah i'm pretty excited can you tell? most of the stuff that happened in my life can wait for when you come home. But what about yours bro? Have you been keeping a recipe book? I bet you have.  Oh did I tell you your coming home in like two months yeah it's pretty dang spantaculisous just sound it out if you don't know my vocabulary it upped like two words when you were gone... I'm pretty proud of myself for that. Nathan and I are going to go shopping with you so you can get a new wardrobe when you get home. But we're only going to get you like I don't know like maybe $100 stuff not that much these days but you know that. But anyways I'm going to have to shovel the snow out side so I'll talk to you in a little.

Lov ya bro hawk
From Grant Hucklbarrie

Dear Grant,

Hey buddy!!!! I am pretty stoked to get home too. It will be a little bit after your birthday but still pretty close! I haven´t kept a recipe book but I remember all the names of the peruvian foods I like so we can google them and make them when I get home. I cant wait to get new clothes. I love being a missionary but its time to add a little color to my life. Haha Love you big guy!

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 8:54 AM, Amy wrote:

Dear Elder,

How in the world are you? What is new? Did you have a baptism this week? I thought you said you might be having one.

The Laws came this weekend to clean their house. Now they are officially gone for good:(

We had a major storm hit yesterday so they cancelled church and school today. It is beautiful though.

To answer your question about whether or not the couches stick to your back, the answer is no. They feel just like they did before, they just look nicer. I just re-dyed the color, which is how they were tan to begin with, it's not like that is a natural color of leather. I'm sure they didn't use wood stain to dye the original leather, but the result is the same.

I went to the temple with Albany on Friday. We sure had a good time. Her kids are counting down the days until you get back.

We ended up watching the super bowl with just our family. We didn't do quite as big of a spread as we have in years passed since Tim, Nathan and Grant spent the better part of the day shoveling people's driveways ha ha, but it was still good.

I sure love you.

Love mom


Hello Mother Dear!!!!

I had a great week. And yea! I had my baptism! I am going out of this mission baptizing if its the last thing I do. =) Wow, It looks so pretty outside. I sure hope their is snow like that when I get home. I am trying not to drown in my own sweat here right now. But whatever, I just think about how they are unwanted pounds so Its all good. =) I sure miss everybody! I love you! I can´t wait to get home!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment