Saturday, May 4, 2013

Another Perspective

Jaren's missionary companion.

The following is parts of a letter written by Elder Richards, (Jaren's companion), to his family and posted on his blog.



So the first day, was pretty cool I got  all set up and it was pretty nice. I actually really like this place. My companion is from Nebraska and is a really cool guy, he played football at SVU, that school that offered me that lacrosse scholarship. He loves to sing all the time...I mean all the time. He's a cool kid though. So I'm in a room with two other guys that are in my district, one is from Idaho and the other is from Australia, he is quite the card and really never stops talking. The weirdest thing about all my roommates is they think that I talk funny, they say my accent is weird..... my accent... That's not something I'm used to hearing... I speak normal, they are the ones that speak funny, not me....

Hmm not that much happens here to be honest, so my teacher served in Alabama and is amazing!! He has taught me so much and does an amazing job of bringing the spirit and teaching! My study ability has grown so much with what he has taught me. Everyone in my district is going to Argentina... everyone but me and my companion, we are the only two we've met that are going to Peru Lima West and only three other elders going to Peru... Quite insane... more on that later.

Okay, so back to those Other Peru Elders. One of them that I've become rather close with came running up to me yesterday and told me that he got is visa and that he was leaving today at 5 am... So really the cool thing is that I could get my visa any day and will be out of here the next day!! Then I'll really be able to share the exciting things that have happened to me, because there will actually be some!!

Elder Richards




No comments:

Post a Comment