Saturday, May 4, 2013

Jaren's 2nd P-Day



4-25-13

Family!!!!! How are you all???? Mom the living room looks great! haha I recognize the backsplash on the tv stand as well! So remember how I told you I was district leader? yeah the day after I told you that, I got called to be zone leader! How cool is that?! I've only been in two weeks! We had our first TRC as a companionship yesterday which is when real members from the area volunteer to just come in and talk to us and let us give them a lesson. It's sort of like a home teaching or visiting teaching visit but they come to us instead of vice versa. It’s all in Spanish as well of course. So as for my Spanish progress, I can understand about 85 % of what someone says to me if they talk kind of slow. I'm getting to the point where I can speak fairly comfortably in Spanish about the Gospel. I'm still working on every-day conversation Spanish. I am learning so much so fast!!!!! They opened up the MTC field for the first time yesterday since before winter so I got to play soccer! It was SOOO fun to be outside! I got the cutest letters from Sara and Sam and the girls. The girls drew me pictures. It was so cute! Shayna sent me a really sweet letter about how they are all doing and about Tanner and about how Macy is doing in her mission. My Spanish teacher here went to the same mission Macy is in now, Spanish speaking as well. He got home before she went out though of course.

How are you all doing? Yes Grant I got your letter and loved it! How's Seth's concussed head? Is Nathan prepared for the summer of his first high school football experience?? How is school and work going for all of you? Dad....keep working on that Spanish! haha You'll never guess who I saw here at the MTC yesterday. Kristen Nichols! She is going to the Las Vegas Nevada Mission! How awesome is that? She looked great. I also met a sister missionary that is called to serve in the Nebraska Omaha, visitor’s center mission so I made sure she knew a lot of her meals would be spent at our house. She took my name down so she'll keep an eye out for ya! haha

Well I miss you all so much. I love you all. I don't have a lot of time to respond to everything you all send me but I LOVE that you do and I read your Dear Elder letters all the time. I love you so much!

Elder Hackleman

*Till We Meet Again* 

Oh yea, and every other missionary in my district including my roommates are going to Resistencia Argentina. The rest of my entire zone which consists of 3 districts my size or larger are going to either Argentina, Mexico, or Washington Spanish speaking haha. We are the only Peruvians in my zone. Also, next week we are supposed to be getting sixteen new missionaries! That's about 2 districts. I will have about 30 or so missionaries under my stewardship!!! Totally awesome. Ok just wanted to give ya another update haha Love ya'll!!
Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment