Monday, May 27, 2013

Elder Hackleman's 1st Week in Peru

Hola Familia!!!!

I´m in Peru!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so awesome! My companion rocks! His name is Elder Kitchens. He´s a gringo like me! He´s from California but recently moved to Ogden. We are best buds. We are both going to the U when we get home. It´s decided. Haha We had our first baptism yesterday! Her name is Stephanie. She´s 18. She is the steriotypical Perfect investigator. She understood and believed everything we taught her. I am so excited to see how much she progresses because she already has so much!!

Let me tell you a little about the city of Lima. They don´t believe in the use of trashcans. The streets, the sidewalks, and the few places where there is grass, are literally lined with trash. haha That isn´t the craziest part. They have stray dogs like you would not believe. There is literally a stray dog to every one or two people here. They just run around and eat whatever they can find in the trash. Some of them are really mean too. My companion has already been bit since he´s been here. I haven´t yet (Knock on wood). Everytime we see some big ones though. He like slows down and backs up and I just walk right at it. I like to think that its because I´m big and tough and he´s a wimp, but its really because I am naive and he knows better I think. Haha but don´t worry. Everytime I do that, the dogs scammer off. I think its because they dont see people my size very often here. Well that´s all for this week so I have enough time to upload you a couple pictures real fast. I love you all! Thanks for your letters!!

Elder Hackleman

No comments:

Post a Comment