Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Elder Hackleman's correspondence with his dad

Dear Dad,

Attached is a picture of Joce, Larissa, and I. The rest are just me haha Dad your spanish is so hilarious. It’s become a district fad to read every P day. Everyone loves it haha I can't believe Lance is home! I thought he didn't come home until July!and Guess what Family!!!!!!!!! I think I got my visa! I should be leaving a week from tomorrow for Peru!!!! When I get my travel plans, I will figure out a way to let ya'll know when I'll be at the airport so I can call! I'm so stoked! I love you all!

Elder Hackleman

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Tim Hackleman <timhackleman@live.com> wrote:

Dear Elder Punkin Sonshine,

So the family had a great week. We only had one injury!!! Grant was playing basketball at school on the low rims. He went to dunk it and the ball hit the back of the rim and (we think) dislocated his finger and then immediately went back into place. It's been a week and it is still swollen and black and blue. He can bend it without any pain, so we know it's not broken. We found out that Lance Christian is home! That went by fast. Can you imagine he is coming home to a new baby brother!!

We had a great Mother's day. Saturday we planted raspberries, black berries and strawberries for your mom's present. Seth got her a movie-style popcorn popper from Bed, Bath and Beyond. Grant spoke in Sacrament and did a great job! He was nervous, but did awesome.

We need photos!!! What's been going on? Do you need anything before you leave?

Today's lesson is on baptizing in the wild:

Repeat after me...

Buenas noticias:  Usted bautizó a siete investigadores en el río local.

Malas noticias:  Usted perdió cinco de ellos en la corriente fuerte.

In English...

Good News:  You baptized seven investigators in the local river.

Bad News:  You lost five of them in the strong current. 

Ámele hijo,

Papá

No comments:

Post a Comment