Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Missionary Letter


On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Tim Hackleman  wrote:

Dear Elder Punkin Sonshine,

I hope you don't mind me starting my letters that way every time! I know you must be getting tons of emails (especially from your mommy). I just want mine to stand out!! Grandpa Chuck never stopped calling your dad "mouse". I suspect you will hear me call you Punkin Sonshine for a very long time!

So I decided to help you and your comp with some conversational Spanish. I'm going to try to put a little extra lesson in every email.

Today's lesson is on Tracting:

Repeat after me...

Este perro calvo, rabioso está en mi pierna. ¿Cómo bajo de él?

In english it means:  This bald, rabid dog is on my leg. How do I get it off?

Stay tuned for the next lesson!

Ámele hijo,

Papa


Mon, 29 Apr 2013 12:05:29

Dear Dad,

Surprise!!! They changed the MTC schedule because BYU's semester is over so all the mtc teachers are getting switched around. Because of that my P day is now on monday! Dad, Su espanol es muy bien. Haha I showed my companion and he go a kick out of that. We went to the temple today which was awesome. I get to welcome the new district coming in to our zone on wednesday since I'm the zone leader. half of them are going to the alabama birmingham spanish speaking mission where macy is so that's pretty cool! How's the fam? Sounds like you and Nathan have some heavy hitters for home teaching families. That's awesome. Aunt Shirlene and papa seemed pretty excited to see ya'll when i had breakfast with them. I bet that will be a great time =) I miss you! I want you to know that your boy is making you proud though. I am working so hard and have grown so much. The term "return with honor" is taken literally by this guy. I'm already halfway through the MTC. It doesn't look promising that I'll have my Visa by the time I get done. A lot of missionaries are getting reassigned so we'll see. I'm not worried though. I'll get there. Love you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment